By Star - 30/01/2010 05:01 - United States

Today, the guy that I'm in love with and plan to marry some day told me he would choose a million dollars over me. I got upset and told him I no longer want to be with him. In an excited voice he said, "Really? So are you serious I don't have to worry about this love stuff anymore?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 232
You deserved it 9 155

Same thing different taste

Top comments

1. Well how did the million-dollar subject come up? Are you the kind of girl who annoys the shit out of men by asking them stupid hypothetical questions? 2. You dumped the guy you 'planned to marry' over THAT?!!! Jesus. He just got saved from a lifetime of having to humour you.

I find your choice of verb tenses odd. Specifically "I'm in love with and plan to marry some day" instead of "I was in love with and planned to marry some day".

Comments

You're with the wrong guy, and I think you need to be a lot more cautious before you commit your loyalty to someone to the extent that you have.

YDI for overestimating your worth in that relationship, you can't "plan to marry" someone that doesn't do the same for you.

xoluvinshayxo 0

rewind, hit play, smash a brick over his head. FYL

Look on the upside: 1. At least the price was a million dollars. The implication is that if someone had offered him only $100,000 to dump you, he still would have chosen you. 2. It's a good thing you're having this conversation about "this love stuff" now instead of after you get married, like most clueless couples. And I have to agree with #25... it's not like it's news to you that this guy is an asshole. He's always been this way, and you love him for it. Gives you something to complain about.

Uhh... YDI for asking such an idiotic question; I've never understood why women insist on qualifying relationships based upon extreme-hypothetical situations. Life isn't like the movies, when a girl asks her significant other, "If you had a choice between a lifetime supply of pudding or me, which would you choose?," whichever one he tells you, he wants the pudding. This guy should be lauded for being honest, rather than lying and telling you what you want to hear.

Today, I found out that the person that I'm infatuated with doesn't appreciate me as much as I want him to - whether or not he may just be joking - despite the fact that I don't really love nor care to understand him since the real him doesn't fit with my personal vision of who he's supposed to be. FML

Aggriken 0

Today, I broke up with the man I was in love with because he was an honest person. He said he would choose $1,000,000 over my constant whining and annoying personality. FML.

I hate when girls ask stupid shit like this, or something like "why do you love me". Shit is irritating.

MasterYoda_fml 0

'Why do you love me?' ... I don't, I love your ******.

I pity the girl who'll be stuck with you then. damn.

Saccharide 0

At least be happy that you didn't marry him.