By Star - 30/01/2010 05:01 - United States

Today, the guy that I'm in love with and plan to marry some day told me he would choose a million dollars over me. I got upset and told him I no longer want to be with him. In an excited voice he said, "Really? So are you serious I don't have to worry about this love stuff anymore?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 232
You deserved it 9 155

Same thing different taste

Top comments

1. Well how did the million-dollar subject come up? Are you the kind of girl who annoys the shit out of men by asking them stupid hypothetical questions? 2. You dumped the guy you 'planned to marry' over THAT?!!! Jesus. He just got saved from a lifetime of having to humour you.

I find your choice of verb tenses odd. Specifically "I'm in love with and plan to marry some day" instead of "I was in love with and planned to marry some day".

Comments

I can't speak for your boyfriend or any guy for that matter but for me, a million dollars over a relationship with an annoying, insecure guy would seem pretty reasonable. Seriously, I don't understand the logic of people who ask hypothetical questions that serve only to make themselves feel fuzzy inside. It makes them annoying. This is the stupid, unfunny kind of irony that makes the guilty side miserable and annoys the innocent side (in other words, no one wins, especially not you). Please, take a lesson from this experience. Enrich your life. Help rid the world of compliment fishing.

kile0114 0

That jerk! What cruel jerkwad! He must be so low!

xtrawesome 0

that happened to me.except I said it because this girl pushed between me and my girlfriend getting all my and her friends to try and get me to date her......for 5 months

YunqFlyMa21o 0

do you still plan to marry this guy someday? Something tells me you two are just not made for each other

Sorry but who wouldn't choose 1 million dollars/pounds ( I'm British) over a bf/gf? There are SOOO many boys and girls in the world, and barely any chances of getting a million dollars/pounds.

bioclock 0

As much as that really sucks, I gotta say YDI it for setting him up with one of those stupid questions that girls ask guys to try and force them to pay a compliment. It's incredibly manipulative. If you DIDN'T happen to ask him one of those questions, then holy shit, FYL.

why would you brake up with him for saying that ???