By PhDdaughter - 04/12/2009 10:16 - Switzerland

Today, the electrician came because our kitchen light has been flickering. After examining the installation, he screws the lightbulb tighter in the socket. My parents both are PhDs. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 380
You deserved it 8 084

Same thing different taste

Top comments

A PhD doesn't make you an expert in lightbulb matters.

Comments

jts2 3

Which it looks like you might just have. Permanent brain damage*

Wouldn't that be a PbD? Permanent head damage would make more sense.

ok, your parents have PhDs. what's your point?

I can't believe no one has said "That's what she said!" yet. Makes me wonder what's wrong with the world.

Why hasn't anyone said "That's what she said!" yet???

FYL because it sucks your parents are so dumb, and YDI because you yourself could have done it.

Well. You weren't very helpful yourself, OP, now, were you?

Your life isn't ****** unless you're saying you're just as stupid as your parents. Also, having a PhD doesn't mean you're smart, just intelligent.

hercules268 0

How many people with a PhD does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Apparently more than 2.

sheheartsthings 0

Wouldn't this be more like "**** my PARENTS' life?"

A PhD just means you're a specialist in a certain academic subject. It does not imply that you possess an iota of sense. You'd also be surprised at how many PhDs know next to nothing about fields other than their own. Getting a PhD involves spending several years in graduate school, where you study a fairly narrow field and later spend your time doing research in a highly specialized aspect of said narrow field. At the end, you know everything about the history of Russia from the coronation of Ivan the Terrible to the execution of Nicolas II, but can't add fractions without resorting to a calculator.