By PhDdaughter - 04/12/2009 10:16 - Switzerland

Today, the electrician came because our kitchen light has been flickering. After examining the installation, he screws the lightbulb tighter in the socket. My parents both are PhDs. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 380
You deserved it 8 084

Same thing different taste

Top comments

A PhD doesn't make you an expert in lightbulb matters.

Comments

I must have a dirty mind because the sexual innuendo in this fml is off the charts. Damn you internet, you've taken away my innocence. Damn you to hell!

like the difference between a pregnant woman and a light bulb. you can unscrew a light bulb.

FMLinCA 12

lol... yeah... which one is it?

a192837465 0

ya your parents have nothing to do with your intelligence. my parents both only have highschool diploma and had not great grades. I however have straight A's and am going to go to college, along with my brother.

and how does this affect your life in any way? your life is dramactically changed how? our moderators are slackin off. and smart people who have PH.D.'s often usually don't have a lot of common sense. not quite sure how you don't know that by now.

kaleid0scopeEyes 0

...I KNEW there would be someone desperatley trying to say that people with "fancy degrees and schooling" are actually idiots, and the high school dropouts are the "true geniuses" for having "street smarts." Yeah, every average idiot would LIKE to think that people with PhD's aren't really smart, and the janitors and McDonalds workers of the world are secret geniuses, but thats not how it works. Good Will Hunting isn't your life.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR PhD. FOR **** SAKE, if I get 100% at every test at school, does that mean I'll know how to scrub a toilet? INTELLIGENCE and SKILLS are two different things! I am SURE there are people out their with PhDs who DO know how to screw in a lightbulb, but I'm also positive there are people who don't have PhDs who can't. It simply depends on the PERSON, not how hard they studied!

I THINK you should TALK with EVERY other WORD or so in CAPS, JUST to GET your POINT across!!!

OK so your saying your parents both have "Poser Hater Degree's" or PhD's. That has nothing to do with light bulbs.

Let's make fun of people much smarter than us! It'll be fun! I love disrespecting people who put years of work into improving the wealth of knowledge of human society.

I'm not trying to make fun of peoples hard work I'm just trying to bring some humor to this board.

dethstruk 0

first of all! he obviously lied since he said his parents are phDs and it has nothing to do with anything years of hard work my ass this is just some kid who wanted to be liked

it tends to be that way with educated people, lack of enginuity if you will ... i know electrical engineers that have no idea how to hook up a stereo ... i've got a great education myself, i'm a mechanichal engineer studying electrical engineering now, i'm dead smart and always top of my class in every subject, but my parents don't have any education to speak of ... so your parents level of education/IQ doesn't always reflect on how you will turn out yourself

What he didn't say is that both parents got their PhD's from University of Phoenix. FAIL.

PhD In what? Art history? That would make perfect sense.

I feel you, OP. My dad has a Jurisprudence Doctorate (8-year law degree) and my mom has a Masters in Education and is also a certified realtor. They've both required my help with programming DVR's, setting alarm clocks, using computers and cell phones, and yes, even changing lightbulbs. It's sad how some of the most educated people I know seem the most retarded.