By PhDdaughter - 04/12/2009 10:16 - Switzerland

Today, the electrician came because our kitchen light has been flickering. After examining the installation, he screws the lightbulb tighter in the socket. My parents both are PhDs. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 380
You deserved it 8 084

Same thing different taste

Top comments

A PhD doesn't make you an expert in lightbulb matters.

Comments

Nobody even made a "how many PhD holders do you need to screw in a lightbulb" joke? Fail, internet. FAIL!

fxdxhk90 0

People with PhDs have no common sense, that is why they spent 10 years in college, so this story is certainly plausible.

perdix 29

Unless at least one of them is a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, this FML is a dud. A Ph.D. confirms that you are qualified to make meaningful contributions to the state of knowledge in a very specific academic field. It doesn't mean that you've learned everything about everything. My brother showed me how to tie a Double Windsor knot when we were both undergraduates in college. The subject was not covered at all during my graduate studies.

Your brother? You mean you weren't spawned from some sort of toxic goo under a rock that got hit by lightning?

technicality09 0

why the whole debate over whether her parents are idiots because they went to college instead of learning things on the streets. this is just funny. that's all. it isn't even a cause to say FML. this could literally happen to anyone (although i'd hope that MOST people would check the light bulb first).

can someone show me how his life is F'd in this situation? I doubt the OP's life is F'd cuz his parents are prolly filthy rich.

Her parents are PHDs in psychology, he discovered that the flickery light was actually an experiment in the induction of psychosis on the OP. It was a grand success, but her unicorn told him not to share that part. Thats why her life is F'd.

A PhD holder doesn't necessarily make much more money than your average university graduate.

FYL only if your parents had PHDs in electrical engineering or lightbulb adjustment. Otherwise who cares, 10years of specialized study in narrow field probably did not cover flickery lights.

So, what your trying to say is your a BITCH?

baby_gurl2405 0

kk well first off a PhD is a diploma of sorts............ and secondly it is not possible to BE a PhD... only possible to have one

Ph.D. is an abbreviation of the latin 'philosophae doctor', or doctor of philosophy. Since you can be a doctor of philosophy, you can be a Ph.D.

YDI. You clearly did not figure it out either.