By PhDdaughter - 04/12/2009 10:16 - Switzerland

Today, the electrician came because our kitchen light has been flickering. After examining the installation, he screws the lightbulb tighter in the socket. My parents both are PhDs. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 380
You deserved it 8 084

Same thing different taste

Top comments

A PhD doesn't make you an expert in lightbulb matters.

Comments

redshortsx 0

stop being a smart ass. you didn't figure that out. and it's not like when you go to school to get your PhD they teach you how to screw a light bulb.

if they are have PhD that means they have the money to pay someone to take care of the stuff around the house and they focus on their jobs... and this has a good side too because we had a really bad economy so we need jobs I bet u the electrician was happy they call him...

Haven't you figured that out by now being their daughter and all? It's not that they're dumb or anything, you just pay the help to do that for you, no need to touch a hot bulb or do any such house related chores ever.

@14: you make me angry. you obviously knew what 11 was trying to get at by using "4rm" look around you people are abbreviating words all the time. take out whatever is up your ass and don't worry about how people choose to abbreviate words

Isn't that more of an f their life not f your life!? Unless your parents forced you to pay for it I don't think it's an FML for you.

I guess common sense isn't all that common

How hard is it to screw in a lightbulb? I think this FML is bullshit, nonsense, twattle, balderdash, a fake! Anyone can screw in a lightbulb! Even Einstein could!

Merely possessing a PhD shouldn't insinuate that you never make mistakes or do anything stupid. Talk about a non sequitor....