By InsideActress - 05/04/2009 19:11 - Canada

Today, the director of the play I'm in decided to explain why we got the parts we did. He said he tried matching our characters to who we actually are. I play a whore who's a transvestite. FML
I agree, your life sucks 70 867
You deserved it 6 650

Same thing different taste

Top comments

what play are you doing?! sounds like you're doing Rocky Horror. if you're playing Dr.Frank-n-furter, take it as a complement.

I agree with #1, if you're doing rocky horror and you're Dr. Frank N. Furter, it is probably the best compliment ever that he thinks you've got the guts to be him. Now let's do the time warp!

Comments

intothevoid612 0

that's just funny, I'm sure that your part was not one of the parts he chose based on personality since someone obviously had to play it. Most likely that was just one of the parts left over after assigning the other parts to the actors that would portray them best.

Hey guy, someone's gotta play the parts. Back in Shakespeare's day all parts were by men. How'd you like to be back then in Romeo and Juliet and have to kiss a scruffy, burly "woman" named Juliet, huh? Would you like it?! WOULD YOU?! lol.

#6 is right.. chill out. he obviously couldn't match EVERY character to a person.

This is a very superficial way to look at a character.

BlerbFace306 0

It's called acting, if your director cast everyone based on their personalities, but cast you in this role, then you should be honored, because your director clearly thought you were the only one that could do much other then play themselves. I've done a lot of roles that are nothing like me, and it's fun to laugh at, but you can't take it personally, because it never is. It's usually a compliment

My University just finished doing Rocky Horror today. I doubt the poster would be playing Frank because 1) The user name is "Inside Actress" and Frank being a guy and all; and 2) Frank isn't exactly what you would call a *****. Man-****? Yeah.