Awkward silence

By Boothater - 03/04/2009 05:10 - United States

Today, the director of the play I'm in decided to show us an example of the type of shoes we would be wearing in the show. She brings in a pair of hideous black combat boots, and I remark how ugly they are. They're her own favorite boots. I had to carpool with her after rehearsal. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 547
You deserved it 60 136

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Dude, black boots in general = awesome. and I agree with #1, you don't insult what the director brings in, often enough they'll like it or it is theirs.

Why would you remark negatively on something that could potentially become your costume?! If you have something negative to say about something you can't change, don't comment because it won't do you any good. Or you could have at least said it more subtly... And agree with #3, black boots are pretty awesome. Combats in particular.

Comments

nothing like biting your tongue, eh? if you carpool with the director, and she shows you anything, might wanna play it safe from now on ;)

people these days are just way too sensitive, so you said her shoes are ugly, what's the big deal

You're not just going to be spending your time in that carpool with her. if she's the director, you'll be seeing lots of her later.

Dude, black boots in general = awesome. and I agree with #1, you don't insult what the director brings in, often enough they'll like it or it is theirs.

Why would you remark negatively on something that could potentially become your costume?! If you have something negative to say about something you can't change, don't comment because it won't do you any good. Or you could have at least said it more subtly... And agree with #3, black boots are pretty awesome. Combats in particular.

No one knows what the boots looked like...they could definitely have been hideous. Black boots are not always awesome. And maybe boothater just didn't like the boots. But there's a million different ways you could have told her you didn't like the boots in a subtle way.

well its your opinion! she shouldnt wear hideous boots if she doesnt want them getting talked about

#6 might be her opinion but the director doesnt have to take her or him home, and could remove them from the project :) There is a lesson in here, learn to STFU and dont make stupid comments towards what the director's shit, whatever it might be.

lol. Fail. I thought girls talked trash BEHIND each other's back. XD

Most do. It's the gender-confused ones that have problems with that.

Just because some girls are shitty human beings doesn't mean we all are...

Combat boots are awesome and therefore you deserve it

MiGman 5

#9 I conquer combat boots are the best

I think you mean concur, try to know how to spell words before you use them