By InsideActress - 05/04/2009 19:11 - Canada

Today, the director of the play I'm in decided to explain why we got the parts we did. He said he tried matching our characters to who we actually are. I play a whore who's a transvestite. FML
I agree, your life sucks 70 867
You deserved it 6 650

Same thing different taste

Top comments

what play are you doing?! sounds like you're doing Rocky Horror. if you're playing Dr.Frank-n-furter, take it as a complement.

I agree with #1, if you're doing rocky horror and you're Dr. Frank N. Furter, it is probably the best compliment ever that he thinks you've got the guts to be him. Now let's do the time warp!

Comments

qkzp 0

hahaha i mean... once i was typecast as "mr. dutch person," a suicidal man... i am a teenage girl. so i mean... shit happens. anyway, keep in mind that the director had to cast SOMEONE in that role; maybe he was speaking in general about the typecasting, and you were the only person versatile or comfortable enough for such a role.

Im serious about Rent... Angel... but now that I go through reading, Rocky Horror makes more sense...

andzz 0

Haha sounds Like Rocky Horror. Great play. But that's awful when a director does that. Type casting is just stupid.

firefalcon 0

What I find more insulting is that people take "transvestite *****" as an insult. So you have to play someone who doesn't fit the gender norms... oh noes. D: Oi.

poor thing. mm similar thing happened to me. i got cast as one of the main party in the play i got told. then the director said he had found the perfect role for me- i played the main monkey.

and u accepted the role? so when are u having the operation

Haha, he thinks you're a *****, maybe that's not a bad thing.....

LOL! That's funny and bad for you at the same time.

he said he tried. maybe he ran out of parts that are like you, so he gave you that one.