By Anonymous - 03/04/2011 17:31 - United States

Today, sun was shining and I felt confident enough to go sunbathing at the beach. In only my bikini and towel, I laid out to get some sun. A while later, a little girl came up to me and said, "Aren't you embarrassed that you're so huge?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 513
You deserved it 11 248

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Does anyone teach their kids manners anymore? I mean just the basics, I know things are different then when I was a kid but that's ridiculous! Don't let it get to you!

kids can be cruel, knock over sand castle later that will teach her.

Comments

if you weren't embarrassed before, guess you are now.

Shoulda kicked her in the face! Try not to give a shit what strangers think of you, people just show their own bad side by thinking badly of you coz of how you look, it sucks when it's your friends but strangers don't matter to you, so **** them.

TheNinjaBuffalo 0

Yes, you are right in the sense that kids need to be taught manners and good morals. What you are not right about, though, is the violent approach to the situation. Joking or not, assault isn't funny and shouldn't even be used for disciplinary measures.

skyeyez9 24

I took my daughter to the pool today and a huge 300lb woman jumped off the diving board. My daughter was like "Weeeeee!! tidal waves, yay!!! While she was bobbing up and down on the waves from the big woman.

ForeverPunk 0

you should of said she was adopted xD

i_love_steve 1

I don't know why everyone wants to tell OP that she's fat and should lose weight.. Maybe she isn't fat at all and the little girl that made the rude comment needs to be taught some manners. SMH people are so quick to judge.. why don't you take a look in the mirror. I bet your not perfect. Point being before you judge someone think about your imperfections and think about how it would make you feel if someone pointed them out to you. Also note to parents, Teach your children manners and common courtesy.

If she wasn't fat, she wouldn't feel bad and wouldn't have wrote the FML. Although her life is hardly F'd. She has the choice to lose weight and it's her own fault if she doesn't. She can't expect people to not call her big if she clearly is.

ManAmongMen 0

she can expect people to not call her big whether she's big or not, or at least she should be able to expect that wouldn't happen. it is called respect. if u don't like the way she looks in her suit turn away and deal with it. chances are you've seen worse in your life. grow up and learn some manners. :)

Well maybe the little girl is doing her a favor. Obesity is is severely unhealthy. Why is it you can openly tell people to stop smoking but if you tell an obese person to lose some weight your an ass hole? In many cases, a morbidly obese person is worse off than a smoker.

137, you are like my new FML BFF. I have thought that exact same thing so many times!

theRovingMage 0

How do you know that the person is morbidly obese? I didn't see that in the FML. You just saw the word "fat" and automatically assumed that meant a 30+ BMI. Perhaps the child's mother is naturally very thin, and the OP is of a healthy body weight but has curves. The child might think this means the OP is fat. It's like if a child called someone ugly - do you assume that they look like Ursula from the Little Mermaid? Or do you think that the child might say that anyone with a different hair color than their favorite is ugly?

saturnsonic 3

Your life isn't F'd if you're overweight, diet and exercise. Stop looking for sympathy, you caused yourself to be overweight, it's your own fault.

people need to teach their children manners. keep up your confidence :)

Try working it out, its easier said than done, but give it a try. Slow n steady wins the race. And dont let a kid discourage you, take it as a motivation!!!