By Sean - 25/12/2009 00:36 - United States

Today, my parents were having a Christmas party. They went out to get the vodka in our garage fridge, only to find most of it was frozen. Knowing vodka doesn't freeze, they soon realized that I had been taking some and refilling it with water over the past two months. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 238
You deserved it 53 804

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dudeitsdanny 9

It was well-deserved. Next time you try to scam someone out of some vodka, try paying attention in chemistry class.

Comments

Vodka does freeze - I didn't think it was possible either until my freezer in my flat at uni froze an unopened bottle of Smirnoff... and number 36, vodka isn't pure alcohol - it's only about 40% which is why this is possible. But OP, you probably shouldn't have stolen the vodka...plus your parents would have noticed the bottle had been opened anyway even if it hadn't frozen. You kind of deserve it for that, but at least you enjoyed the vodka while it lasted!!

myhairynutsack 0

The vodka may not be pure alcohol, but the water in the vodka will crystallize and float to the top leaving a stronger drink.

babygurl23 0

Wow I can't imagine how much trouble i would get in for refilling it with water, you should drink it all or don't drink it AT all.

i do that too. apart from my parents don't freeze vodka. ahahaa

C_Shelbe 0

i feel ya. HA. For my birthday i got a 5th of vodka, once my parents figured it out, the took it, so i dumped it all in a water botle and filled it up with water. About a week later, my brother bought it from them then called me and told me to give him a bowl or he would tell on me. haha.

Skimmed comments so I'm not sure if this has been mentioned...vodka does freeze. 40% (80 proof) will freeze at about -40F. That said, you're dumb for ruining perfectly good vodka.