By Sean - 25/12/2009 00:36 - United States

Today, my parents were having a Christmas party. They went out to get the vodka in our garage fridge, only to find most of it was frozen. Knowing vodka doesn't freeze, they soon realized that I had been taking some and refilling it with water over the past two months. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 238
You deserved it 53 804

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dudeitsdanny 9

It was well-deserved. Next time you try to scam someone out of some vodka, try paying attention in chemistry class.

Comments

asianpuppy101 0

Vodka does freeze. The fact it doesn't is a myth.

C_Shelbe 0

its alcohol. it doesnt freezes.

All that alcohol must have stumped your intelligence. Vodka does freeze, but at a lower temperature.

You sir, are a dumbass. It is people like you that make the world think teenagers are stupid little punks who down their parent's booze. BUY YOUR OWN NEXT TIME! Nuff said.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the bottles explode if they had water in? I mean liquid expands when frozen but the glass wouldn't, making it explode. So surely the OP would have noticed the already vodka-free bottles in pieces in the freezer when stealing more...?

*correcting* Water does expand, but it would move up into that empty space, seeing as how the bottle wouldn't be completely full, not out. Thanks for playing though ;)

g0o0_dj 0

#31 ur reterded vodka doesn't freeze

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freezing-point_depression Science wins, so shut up. Also, in response to other various posts, he probably drank all of the vodka and filled it back up with water, as a water/vodka mixture would still freeze at a lower temperature than water. At least I hope he did....

justspin 7

You are wrong. No one can use Wikipedia as a reliable source...

myhairynutsack 0

Water freezes, but pure alcohol doesn't freeze until less than -100 degrees. Back in colonial times they would take barrels of hard cider and skim off the ice which left a very powerful drink called applejack. What probably happened was the garage fridge didn't get freezing cold until wintertime. YDI for being a shit and stealing someone else's vodka, I'd kick your ass if you were my kid.

pnut3xoxo 0

how does a bottle of vodka sit for 2 months

Some people don't drink often, so it's possible that the vodka is in the house for celebrations. My parents and I aren't really drinkers, and my dad buys those big liter bottles so we have something to give guests. My brother would always do the water trick after finishing off the bottle and replace it before my parents would relize that it was gone. OP ydi for not replacing the alchol that you took!