By ducksgurl - 12/05/2015 16:17 - Canada

Today, my mother yelled at me, telling me I'm irresponsible and lecturing me on how I need to "plan ahead like an adult." All because I asked to borrow a tampon. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 942
You deserved it 3 012

ducksgurl tells us more.

For all of you wondering about the "borrowing" part, no I was not planning on actually giving it back. But asking to borrow something seems much more polite than demanding someone to give you something. On another note, I think this was just my mother's breaking point. We do have a very strained relationship and had actually been arguing all morning. I just thought it was funny that this was the thing she chose to snap on me for. Much love, thanks guys!

Top comments

Next month, hide all of her products a few hours or days before and see if she asks the same of you. If she does, repeat the same thing she said to you, she'll get it, and won't say anything like that again. Good luck op.

Comments

I feel like being upset with someone for asking for a tampon breaks the sisterly equivalent of the bro code. It just isn't done!

Guess she's going to need them herself in a few days...

Um, borrow? I wouldn't imagine that anyone would want it back after it's used...

Lucky for you they come with instructions.

Yeah but I spent years trying to get it in right but it just really hurt and wouldn't go in properly - I was using instructions. Now I can do them fine but the instructions aren't always great.

Takes a while to work out how to make them sit right sometimes

I would go with pads and the instructions don't always tell the right information but you could get your mom or sister (if you have one) to help you :)

maybe you lack responsibility in other areas and this was a breaking point?

I for one feel there is more to this. The tampon request was quite probably just the straw that broke the camel's back, not the actual reason OPs mom was snippy.

Britt125 16

I assume that the term borrow is meant as more of a "when I get a new pack of tampons, I'll give you one from the pack to replace the one I used" for the people wondering how one borrows a tampon. You don't give the same tampon back after it's been used... not really sure how that's actually confusing. That's pretty dumb anyway, periods can come and go whenever they please, they don't always follow a schedule. I've had co-workers or friends ask to borrow one because their period came early or whatever and surprised them, it happens, doesn't make someone irresponsible or anything. It's good to keep a spare or two in you bag or whatever, and buy more as soon as you run out as opposed to waiting until you need them but we're all only human sometimes we forget. Sorry OP FYL.

Isn't waiting until you need one kind of irresponsible?

I hope you don't mean borrow cause that's kinda gross. I hope you mean use