By ducksgurl - 12/05/2015 16:17 - Canada

Today, my mother yelled at me, telling me I'm irresponsible and lecturing me on how I need to "plan ahead like an adult." All because I asked to borrow a tampon. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 942
You deserved it 3 012

ducksgurl tells us more.

For all of you wondering about the "borrowing" part, no I was not planning on actually giving it back. But asking to borrow something seems much more polite than demanding someone to give you something. On another note, I think this was just my mother's breaking point. We do have a very strained relationship and had actually been arguing all morning. I just thought it was funny that this was the thing she chose to snap on me for. Much love, thanks guys!

Top comments

Next month, hide all of her products a few hours or days before and see if she asks the same of you. If she does, repeat the same thing she said to you, she'll get it, and won't say anything like that again. Good luck op.

Comments

Sounds like she needs them more than you do

I'm trying to think of a good pun but I guess there are no tam-puns.

Yeah, cause you know we're suppose to be able to control our periods and be able to know if they will start early or late and know when we need that stuff *insert sarcasm here*

I don't think you can 'borrow' a tampon. Lol

That sucks, she's kind of complaining for no reason. She's acting like you asked her for a million dollars.

That's a great lesson I'll never ask to borrow a condom from dad!!

Your mom never learned that sharing is caring.

91hayek 31

Maybe a lecture is unnecessary but she's right, you need to be prepared. I've had two female acquaintances who I don't really know well ask me if I had a tampon to spare. I'm a guy and I don't know why they asked me. Apparently it happens a lot more often than I thought.

Asking a guy strikes me as weird but I've always grown up in the knowledge that if you have an accident, pretty much any woman near you can relate and should pitch in in your time of need. They're not always regular and its awful enough without having to carry sanitary products full time. Seriously everybody gets it when they're not anticipating it or too stressed to remember to carry stuff. It's just one more thing on top of everything else and it sucks. :(

91hayek 31

I did not know of this code. Thanks. On an unrelated note I do know a guy who DOES carry tampons (not pads) around. Apparently they are good for broken noses and he is always in some situation where a nose is getting broken.

this is why you have stashes of either your disposable pads/tampons, or an extra cup or cloth pad. keep a stash in your bathroom at home, all your bags, and at least one pad or tampon in your bra if you aren't carrying a bag. and a mini pill case for pain meds is good too. I have a little keychain one that holds about 5 prescription ibuprofen.

I just became your 666th profile visit, 78. Don't check and see, cuz you'll ruin it.

You can be as prepared as you like but periods come early or late - it doesn't happen when expected. And tampons especially are likely to come out of the wrapper when in your bag or something so if you are just carrying them around it is a pain and a waste as that stuff is so expensive!

78, if you're wearing a properly fitting bra, there isn't room for a pad or a tampon!

You do realize that not everybody has regular periods, right? Mine kind of just come whenever they want.

Women of all ages ask to borrow tampons because Mother Nature is a heartless bitch who hath no master.

sunny354wi 8

Wow u sound like u need one!