By ducksgurl - 12/05/2015 16:17 - Canada

Today, my mother yelled at me, telling me I'm irresponsible and lecturing me on how I need to "plan ahead like an adult." All because I asked to borrow a tampon. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 942
You deserved it 3 012

ducksgurl tells us more.

For all of you wondering about the "borrowing" part, no I was not planning on actually giving it back. But asking to borrow something seems much more polite than demanding someone to give you something. On another note, I think this was just my mother's breaking point. We do have a very strained relationship and had actually been arguing all morning. I just thought it was funny that this was the thing she chose to snap on me for. Much love, thanks guys!

Top comments

Next month, hide all of her products a few hours or days before and see if she asks the same of you. If she does, repeat the same thing she said to you, she'll get it, and won't say anything like that again. Good luck op.

Comments

I don't see her problem... You said to BORROW a tampon so obviously she'll get it back when you're done

You're an adult woman who has had her period at least 100 times by now. You should always have those available.

They don't happen at times you expect always. Sometimes you're having a normal day and then your monthly visitor decides to stop by a couple days early. Maybe she had used her back up purse tampon and didn't get a chance to replenish it yet. Maybe she was stress spotting. It's not as easy as you think, sir.

Also, tagging onto the others. There are some women who don't have regular periods at all. These can be because of something like PCOS or another issue. It could be one a year or a couple every two years, so it's hard to know when it will occur and you just have to hope you're prepared for it.

tintin10_fml 13

Borrow as in give it back when you're done?

hoosiergirl94 31

Borrow? Like you're going to return it?

Wow op, in a non perverted way, you are extremely attractive( at least in both of your pictures you are)

lady_lipz 7

Wtf... Does SHE need a tampon??

gobroski 11

When you are done give it back to her with a thank you letter and a box of chocolates!!!

Sounds like your periods have synced /:

Well borrow means you intend on returning who wants a used tampon dummy

So if I borrow a five dollar bill from you then you would expect the same one in return? Use some common sense for the love of all that is holy.