By asadwa - 05/05/2011 05:38

Today, my mother told me she forgot what a verb is. I'm homeschooled, and she's my teacher. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 705
You deserved it 5 090

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

SpectSelf 0

I remember from back when I was in grade school, we had these tapes that had songs about stuff like that. one song was "action words are verbs". I hope that helps a lil bit.

CateXOX 0

Don't worry, OP, there are plenty of career choices for those with only up to a third grade education. There's Wendy's, Burger King, MacDonalds...

tsukaga2isuwaya 0
Rio_de_Fevereiro 0

He is going to need good microwaving skills. /// O

SteelCladAngel 0

so which one do you work at cate?

RayMo_fml 1

obviously those jobs are for you if you cant even spell mcdonalds.. fail

Everyone has those moments. I'm sure she will remember what a verb is, but for now, here ya go. A verb is an action word. Anyways, if you know what it is does it matter? You could always remind her.

it isn't just action words... is, of, are and some others are also verbs

I'm pretty sure "of" is one of those helping verb things.

wut? Of is a preposition. Google a preposition list.

You took the words right out off my iPod touch keyboard (:

Derp, my bad. I don't know why I thought of was a verb.

Probably because people sometimes mistakenly put it where have should be. Should of, would of, could of...

motorcycleman333 0

time to go back to REAL school.

cptmorgan15 2

I didn't realize homeschooling was fake. How stupid of me. Cause, you know, so many people do it and all.

lextheplex 0

Real school? Home-schooled students are statistically more educated then public and private schooled students... isn't education the point of school? OPs Mom should not be his teacher. And this 'REAL school' guy needs to stfu with his ignorant ass.

shaniecerb 0

homeschooling sucks!cant meet new people.only your parent's friends.go to a good 'ol fashion public school

I'm homeschooled. I used to think I was terrible at school, as I only got B's. But when I had to go to a public school for about six months. I was the top student, in the whole school of 600+

if your old enough to post an FML, you'd remember that you learned about verbs in first grade.

If you read the fml you'd know that OP is home schooled. You would also realize that OP never said he/she forgot, only that his/her mother forgot.

and you'd remember that OP's mum was his first grade teacher.

SteelCladAngel 0

also in some states you don't have to follow the schools learning schedule.

If you're still learning verbs GTFO my FML

Op never mentioned having trouble with verbs.

dudehaha 4

This is why they made schools. Don't you get board at home all by yourself?

Being homeschooled and "board" have nothing to do with each other.

wow man thats the joke. he was substituting board for bored as he talked about education to make a pun-like witty retort ;)

they still are relate anyway since if you're homeschooled you aren't surrounded by a mass of people like you would be if you went to school

Oh my gosh. to everyone who has commented on this post, the "board" you are talking about, meaning uninterested, is spelled B-O-R-E-D. You are talking about a wooden board. Like a plank? Maybe homeschooling is the way to go....

brenz... that's really optimistic XD

RayMo_fml 1

haha no #27 I think that was just a typo..

sounds like you have a super stupid mom..... and since she's your teacher, you're not gonna learn much or you're gonna end up stupid too.

seraphxchild 3

well suck it up and go to a real school

Public school is free...run, don't walk, to the closest one and enroll. Sign her ignorant behind up for classes too!

tsukaga2isuwaya 0

Actually it's not free. We had to pay for all kinds of shit.

carnage1108 0
mintcar 9

Hahaaha, oh 21 your comment was too funny. Hahahaha.