By asadwa - 05/05/2011 05:38

Today, my mother told me she forgot what a verb is. I'm homeschooled, and she's my teacher. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 705
You deserved it 5 090

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

I'm home-schooled as well. My parents aren't brilliant, fairly average in fact, but that's why they make books for your parents to either teach you out of, or you read it yourself. When I went from high school (which was not a bad HS to go to, and that makes me worry for the rest of humanity), to home school, my work was suddenly a lot harder. Not only was the coursework more difficult, it covered a broader range of subjects, more in depth into the subjects, AND I could read the rest of the science book if I wanted! None of that, read pages 42-46 BS.

MissBBGoodGirl 0

Same here! In fact I graduated a year early, because one year I decided to double up on work! I didn't have snow days, I had the option to work on Holidays, and sometimes if I wanted a week day off I had to do my work on a weekend! I love homeschool, turned out just fine, and am doing very well for myself.

Going from public school to home schooling made me love school. Well... I've always loved learning, but my peers always irritated me, teachers were zoning out (I had a few teachers I absolutely adored, but for the most part, I think they had given up) and my counselors were absolute trash. Public school felt like an absolute waste of my time, and a waste of my parents' money.

Early onset Alzheimers I guess... Look on the brighter side, at least she never forgot to pick you up from school... Lol!

I'm amazed you were able to write this FML, must have taken you a while.

All I really need to know, I learned in Basic.

trese666 0

that's why random ass mothers and fathers don't belong teaching their kids

JesterMarcus 0

Be prepared for an awkward life. Never met a homeschooled person with any people skills.

lextheplex 0

Have you ever met a home-schooled person?

graceinsheepwear 33

133, probably not because the homeschooled hide from people and shun the daylight.

MerrikBarbarian 9

did you miss the part where part if learning is to learn how to find info on your own. education isn't about being spoonfed. if you want to be spoon fed everything and struggle through higher education which requires independent thought and learning, I suggest going to public school and stop giving homeschoolers who can actually research things and realize no one knows everything which is why there are books and the Internet a bad name.

Wow. Not really helping your cause there.

ask her if she understands matrix and radians

Rio_de_Fevereiro 0

Tell her to 'google it'. /// O