By Anonymous - 24/08/2013 20:37 - United States - North Bend

Today, my mother bitched me out for filing divorce papers against my abusive husband. According to her, it's a "slap in God's face". She's the one who's divorced two husbands so far because they weren't getting job promotions fast enough to support her hoarding habit. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 582
You deserved it 2 883

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least you have a legitimate reason..

Wow... Did she forget about her ridiculous divorces or something?

Comments

allisadawn91 8

Do what I say, not what I do....

What she is saying is stupid too though?

perdix 29

Maybe she thinks hoarding and domestic violence are both parts of God's master plan. With theology like that, it's no wonder that atheism is America's fastest-growing religious preference.

Op's mother can justify it....in the bible it is acceptable for a husband to beat his wife if he thinks she disrespected/ dishonored him...got to love religion right lol As to the hording part, maybe the mother is just saving up for a massive donation to charity.

Oh really? Then how am I to understand these verses? ... Colossions 3:19 and 1 Peter 3:7.

Except in the prophecy of Jesus's coming, it says "forget the old ways, for I am making a new." Where are you citing your Bible, because if its in the Old Testament, its all null.

You did the right thing for yourself and your safety if your mom can't support you in that then that's her problem not yours.

VeylonaBloodsea 6

He must make a lot of money. Sadly, that's all some people see. You're doing the right thing, getting away from him.

OP, don't listen to your mother. Do what you think is best for you. If it's divorcing an abusive husband, DO IT! Good luck...

SGodinet 9

The idiocy of this mother of yours. No offense OP

I would be proud of yourself. Good job :)

Obey_StudBoii 23

It's sad your mom considers herself a perfect woman that can do no harm. Come to think of it she is the one that divorced 2 times and tells you getting a divorce is a slap in the face?? Tell her to go preach that to the choir. Glad you're getting out of the marriage you're in. Save yourself now before the abuse.continues.

werewolf_babe 16

Talk about being hypocritical, I honestly think what you're doing is the smartest thing to do, most woman are to scared to leave husbands like that so, go you!