By Anonymous - 24/08/2013 20:37 - United States - North Bend

Today, my mother bitched me out for filing divorce papers against my abusive husband. According to her, it's a "slap in God's face". She's the one who's divorced two husbands so far because they weren't getting job promotions fast enough to support her hoarding habit. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 582
You deserved it 2 883

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least you have a legitimate reason..

Wow... Did she forget about her ridiculous divorces or something?

Comments

Throw it right back at her face & expose her as the hypocrite she is. Fire back & say "okay, filing for a divorce because he's abusing me is wrong, but I guess it's okay if they don't get promoted at work fast enough."

89 while you may believe that to be the case, according to the word which is what the prev commenter was referring to divorce is wrong and unbiblical for any other reason than adultery. But if you actually read, later in scripture it states that God gave divorce because your hearts are hard. But if op doesn't share that belief or isn't even religious for that matter the mom is out of line :). As far as the mom saying something that may be hypocritical, maybe she had a new revolution of the scripture and doesn't want her daughter to make the same mistake(s) she did.

jcshadow 16

Good job getting out, sadly not everybody is that brave. I was in a relationship for 7 years and the first time he punched me in the face was the last day of our relationship!

Hypocritical much? FYL. Glad you got out of the relationship through!

im proud u fonally realized what was for the better ! dont worry about ur mom she needs

This one was to close to home for me OnO

Your mother sounds like an abuser, as well. *hugs* Work on YOU. You've already started by getting out of an abusive marriage. Good for you!