By ughh - 22/11/2011 13:22 - United States

Today, my mom read my diary. Then she frantically booked me an appointment with a psychiatrist. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 107
You deserved it 5 902

Same thing different taste

Top comments

beachbabe830 0

Do we even want to know what was in there...?

You've tought us about keys, now will you tell us how magnets work?

Comments

caysters 12

I use to cut too. Got even worse, landed in the er, and then psych ward or a week. Therapy for three years after that. Op, she loves you, and she cares. Be thankful about that. My mom knew when I was 13 that I had severe issues with depression. She didn't care. 5 years later she decided she cared after I was hospitalized. Then shortly after, she didn't care again.

You've tought us about keys, now will you tell us how magnets work?

Dear diary, I want to see a psychiatrist NOW! Simple as that :)

i have the diary app in my iPod so theres no way my mom could get into that ;)

ShroomsOnAcid 16

Not without the help of your brother/father/more intelligent sister, that is.

Actually, she is probably 10 times more likely.

nobody knows my ipod code and my diary app has a code too so they wouldnt be able to get in either of them .

ShroomsOnAcid 16

Keep telling yourself that, honey. ;)

juicyfruit222 0

Lmao my mom did the same to me! I used to write poetry cuz of her I completely stopped

perdix 29

You probably wrote some batshit crazy stuff in there. You could get things cleared up by the shrink, or he could be a pimp for Big Pharma and zombie-fy you with loads of psychoactive drugs.

Perdix just enjoys trolling.. Are you new to fml? XD Trolling is the highest form of entertainment in other peoples stupidity. :D

perdix 29

I don't know what things are like in Norway, but the explosion of the use of psychoactive drugs in the US, especially among children, is alarming. I don't think it's paranoid, but worrying about how we deal with mental health issues seems to be a legitimate issue.

RedPillSucks 31

There's especially problems with prescribing drugs for kids that was never tested on children. Children metabolize drugs differently (no, I'm not a doctor, but...) and the effects on adults aren't the same as on kids. Just look at Ritalin.

FYLDeep 25

I really agree with Perdix on this one and really every comment he's made on this FML. I think drugs like Prosac are horribly overprescribed and this needs to be changed. Depression is often times a side effect caused by some other underlying health condition, and by treating the other condition you can eliminate the depression symptoms. I went to the doctor for a reason like this, and he said I was probably depressed and gave me a prescription for antidepressants. I had to refuse the prescription and persuade him that the problem lied elsewhere in order for him to care enough to find the actual problem. How many people would have just taken the antidepressants and walked around like a zombie numb to whatever the actual problem is?

So true. The Pharmacology Monster goes around the US gobbling up children and gorging themselves with parents money. All courtesy of the doctors who get a nice kick back for writing the scripts.

Its proven medical fact that when you cut it releases endorphins into your body that make you feel better. its almost like a drug your body craves the way you feel when that happens you get addicted to the chemistry your body produces

Wow, talk to your mom, she doesn't have the right to look through your personal thoughts like that. Until you can find a way out of this, try to get the best from the experience. Also find a good hiding spot for you diary

dadof2 4

wow first your mom was in the wrong thats your personal space to express second and usually the appointment is mad for birth control good luck

...no. Psychiatrists do not prescribe birth control, doctors and OBGYN's do.

Did you finish your diary entrances with 'FML' as well?