By ughh - 22/11/2011 13:22 - United States

Today, my mom read my diary. Then she frantically booked me an appointment with a psychiatrist. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 107
You deserved it 5 902

Same thing different taste

Top comments

beachbabe830 0

Do we even want to know what was in there...?

You've tought us about keys, now will you tell us how magnets work?

Comments

olivia_r 0

Well have you ever heard someone say "I only smoke when I drink" eventually for most people it starts off that way. Then they start drunk or sober.

Oh, you wrote about your kinky sexual experience, didn't you? It's okay, but understand that not everybody finds sex in the monkey cage of the zoo, covered in bananas, normal. Next time, hide your diary under the bottom of the desk drawer and rig it to set on fire if anyone tries to remove it.

robokid777 4

To everyone who says her mom had "no right to invade her privacy" I say, think before you judge. #1. Children under 18 have no right to privacy (other than bathroom/changing clothes) because most are doing things they shouldn't anyways & think they're smarter than the parent(s)...(which they're NOT) & #2. Parents are the boss & legal guardians of their kids & responsible for their LIVES, (how many parents do you think had kids who committed crimes or killed themselves, ALL of which could have been prevented by parents BEING parents, rather than their kids' FRIEND & just letting them do as they please?) I didn't like it as a kid anymore than anyone else, but a parents job is to protect their kids from awful things & sometimes their OWN stupidity. When you kids on here grow up, you'll understand that sometimes you have to snoop on your kids to keep them safe.

it is true what you say, but sometimes parents themselves are just stupid and get freaked out over nothing, i think nobody has the right to judgde until they know what was in the diary, on earlier FML's a mother learend how to text and apprantly texted her daughter 10 times a day to make sure she's safe....... if the diary contained stuff like rape, depression(cutting herself), drugs, low grades or anything like that you are absolutly right, but if it contained stuff about being in love with someone and freaking out about it in the diary, the mother should just lay off the thing

77- for me it was influence, on both parts, I heard of people I knew doing it, I was going through a hard time and said eh what the hell lets try it. Cutting I quit, the pain from that was worse than what I was going through as for smoking, I've been on and off since. But that's just me. I think the need is different for everyone.

EvilCupcake8361 9

15- the best way I can describe it is like crying; when you let it all out, you kinda feel better in the end. sometimes cutting doesn't always give you that feeling every time so you just do it in the hopes that it will. before I stopped it was like that, I was just chasing after that relieving feeling until I eventually gave up.

Being a teen still under my parent's roof, I have different opinions on this. The teen side says, FYL, your parents should stay out of your shit and leave you the **** alone. It's your personal diary, they shouldn't be snooping around your shit. The "mature" side says, well, if it's out in the open, someone is of course going to read it, doesn't matter who. But then again if you had it hidden like it should've been, your mom shouldn't have done anything with it.

77- I cut. Many people are curious as to why others start. Personally, I started because I was going through some pretty tough shit, and I was mad at myself for getting so worked up and upset over it, so I ran the back of a studded belt down my arm. Pathetic, I know, but it did the trick. Have you ever messed up and felt like hitting yourself or punching something hard? It was kinda like that. Then after a while, that wasn't enough. I needed more. So I took the blade from a pencil sharpener and started using that, not on my arms any more, but on my legs, so people wouldn't see. Not many people who cut do it for attention, just to release whatever it is they want to get rid of. I've been depressed for nearly 3 years and I'm finally getting help to stop cutting. But it's not easy. Like many people have said, cutting is like an addiction, it's something you need to do to get through the day. It's not dirty or weird, it's just how some people cope. I'm not having a go or anything I just thought some people may appreciate an in depth opinion :) nor am I promoting self harm. I just wish to help people understand what self harm is like. Hope I helped :)

hellogoodbye1996 6

I still struggle with cutting...