By somewhatlucky - 27/12/2011 09:42 - United States

Today, my mom convinced me that she and my dad were getting divorced. I have anxiety problems, so I had a panic attack. She then laughed, and said, "Just kidding, I wanted to see your reaction. It's the best so far." FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 061
You deserved it 3 872

Same thing different taste

Top comments

cookie_3008 4

Ha!! Tell her you are expecting a child, and enjoy the show.

You should have told her "Good that you are joking mum. I wouldn't have the heart to tell you I would choose to stay with dad!"

Comments

Divorce is not something to be taken lightly or joke about. Her flippant attitude towards it makes me SMH

IdfkMyUsernamexC 5

Tip: Read some of the comments before you post yours.

OP, I tend to agree with the others... If this is what your home environment is like, you probably want want to look at your options for moving out and separating yourself from this sort of nonsense. That aside, you may want to talk to your doctor about your meds so that (s)he can adjust the dosage to prevent that sort of reaction from you. In any case, that was seriously messed up of your mom to say something like that this time of year.

.... Of course, it's an awful thing to say as a parent, but why do all those people/ idiots have "panic attacks" when they hear that? For god sakes, get a grip on life.

Why would she ever kid about that? Sounds like she's testing the water to know how you guys will take it when she does leave him.

mom2pen 4

Sometimes the comments are posted at the same time so you don't see them.

mom2pen 4

Options for you to discuss 1 dad's girlfriends or boyfriends 2 you're pregnant or got someone pregnant 3 you're gay 4 you're quitting school and converting to Scientology 5 you're affair with much older neighbor (Sugar Daddy) 6 the illegal drug trade you're involved with 7 your new career in **** Pick one or several, and good luck. Payback is hell.

fwoodgirl12 0

That's effed up..what the hell? Lol I would be punching somebody if someone did that to me.

Doctors should not have given anxiety a name...it's just an excuse now for people who can't handle life.

Anxiety is a general term for several disorders that cause nervousness fear, apprehension, and worrying. These disorders affect how we feel and behave, and they can manifest real physical symptoms. Mild anxiety is vague and unsettling, while severe anxiety can be extremely debilitating, having a serious impact on daily life. You, by far are a ******* moron. Anxiety is real, and psychological. You saying "Excuse for people who can't handle life"= you being so damn ignorant You are just an excuse for a human being.

#58 You are so ignorant. #67 Thanks for saying what I wanted to say, but much more eloquently.