By not picking up - 20/03/2015 17:50 - Slovenia - Zelimlje

Today, I took my girlfriend to meet my parents. My dad thought it'd be hilarious to act surprised and ask me if I'd already dumped the girlfriend I introduced him to yesterday. She slapped me and stormed out of the house before my dad could tell her it was a joke. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 433
You deserved it 2 607

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dads always try to be funny. it usually never ends well

IAmzephyr 22

I'm sure everything will be ok if your dad explains to her that it was just a joke. Then you can hopefully laugh about it.

Comments

dont be mad at your dad, just make it right.

Just slap your dad then storm out of the house.

that's the exact opposite of what #1 said..

#20 You made me laugh a little too hard !!

dads always try to be funny. it usually never ends well

By "kinda funny" do you mean less than 4% on the lol scale?

TallMist 32

No... it wasn't funny #21. How the Hell is ruining your son's relationship funny?

IAmzephyr 22

I'm sure everything will be ok if your dad explains to her that it was just a joke. Then you can hopefully laugh about it.

tantanpanda 26

No, in the GF's eyes, this will seem like the dad is now trying to cover up for what he accidentally said. The family knows and we know that it's a joke, but the GF will see it as them failing to hide the fact that another girl came back with OP the other day.

Girls always jump to conclusions. It's going to be tough explaining to OP's gf

I hope you have an alibi! Damn dad jokes.

serslybro 20

I hope she let you and your dad explain! I hate when dads try and be funny but just ending up screwing things up.

tiggerdoc 14

Dad joke win! If she freaks that bad that quick... Let her go...

I'd be mad too if someone told me my boyfriend was cheating on me..

Really? Her boyfriend's dad just told her that her boyfriend was cheating on her. She had an instant reaction.

25 & 39: You just validated what I said in my comment. Since when is an acceptable "instant reaction" to slap someone? Back in the day, flouncing out of the room did it when you wanted to make a dramatic exit.

39 - damn woman like you who think its alright for a girl to slap someone on an instant reaction make me SICK. if the guy slapped the girl you wouldnt be saying that. i hate woman like you guys on here.

Actually, I meant running out not slapping. Sorry that wasn't specified in my last comment. It was meant for 18 anyways. But for 55- again I mean running out and getting away was an instant reaction, people were saying it was immature for her to run out but no. Also don't assume I'm like that. I wouldn't slap my boyfriend, and he wouldn't hit me. I'm not for physical violence. But if it was in self defense either gender could hit either gender not just girls hitting a guy so just don't. ?

56 - if thats what you meant then i apologize and you are right. (it was posted right after the slapping comment so it looked like it) just nevermind me then :)

56- & 60- You guys are awesome! Seriously not sarcastically, if more people could admit that something was taken or of context, apologize to each other and come to an understanding the world would be a better place. I respect you two! Much love for that.

If violence is your immediate reaction, good bye and don't let the door hit you on the butt on the way.

Hopefully she'll be willing to listen to your explanation about how terribly bad your dad is with jokes and trust that it was only a joke ahahah best of luck to ya, OP

In her mind though there is a trust issue now, the seed of doubt has been planted now and its a bastard to get rid of.

A07 48

Breakups 2 : Rise of the Dads

lexiieeex3 32