By longing for emancipation - 30/04/2016 03:09 - United States - Mitchell

Today, my mom claimed that lactose intolerance is a "myth" and told me to drink my damn milk because it's good for my bones. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 743
You deserved it 1 320

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How can your mom not know this? Especially if she was the one that changed you diapers when you were a youngster and most likely given dairy.

joeyl2008 29

Peanut allergies are a myth too

Comments

Either buy your own lactose free milk or if she insists you drink her milk take Lactaid when you drink milk, eat ice cream…

Your mom and my mom would get along just fine. My mom thinks I can get cancer if I skip meals. Talk about trying to scare me into eating properly. This probably would have worked on me if I was you know if I still 5.

Milk isn't even good for your bones though.

the irony is in how milk being good for your bones is actually a myth

My mom told me it all in my head cause she thought I grow out of it until I was vomiting a whole week stright I guess I got it back

Actually cows milk doesn't build up bones at all. Just a marketing myth itself.

My toilet is proof lactose intolerance is real. :( I suffer for what I love.

Considering ignoring lactose intolerance can eventually lead to organ failure, I wouldn't take it so lightly.

Send this to the myth busters! Or. You should have. Had they not stopped that show RIP a very good show ?

Right up there with anti-vaxers with her ability to use logic and listen to what the professionals have to say.