By Anonymous - 22/05/2015 15:17 - United States

Today, I found out my mom put breast milk in my cereal until I was 7 years old. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 105
You deserved it 3 183

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She wanted to be breast friends with you

MattStro 23

How did you find this out??

Comments

She wanted to be breast friends with you

The first comment on here ever to make me laugh. You the real MVP.

I accordance with the standard procedure of reading good puns, I reacted first with momentary anger before laughing and up-voting. Well played!

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
larrena2377 26

how is that disgusting? babies live on breast milk for the first part of their lives..some even until they are 3 and 4. it's not like they were drinking it straight from the boob

We're the only mammals on the planet that have sexualised our mammary glands so much that we consider it "disgusting" when they fulfil their main purpose

It's actually really good for your immune system

Biologically children can usually breastfeed until 5-7 years old roughly, something to do with how the mouth grows. Isn't it odd that something, human milk, she was born to drink is considered more gross than a cow's breastmilk.

I never said breast feeding was gross just that she gave it to him until he was seven. Once a child develops teeth they should not be given breast milk anymore.

Just fyi some babies are born with teeth, should they not nurse? Your logic is flawed. Her child her body her right.

have you never seen a puppy on its mothers teet ? dang puppies have razor teeth

Ted_brosby 4

I understand what you're saying. I have a 7 year old now. It would be really weird for my wife to pump breast milk and pour it in his cereal. But it is the healthiest thing a baby can eat. Here's too much info: I tasted breast milk a few years ago. Won't do that again.

I'm not saying she can't do what she wants with her child just saying I think it's gross. My opinion that breast milk are for babies not children. Get over it: ).

@141 Really? I'm just curious because both my husband & I have tasted mine. It tastes like 1% or 2% milk but sweeter. Maybe it's different for each person..

My brother had a tooth at 2 months... 6 by the time he was 6 months!

155 I think body fluids in general all have different tastes depending on the person. Some semen and vaginal lubricant can range from being sweet to being bitter depending on what they eat. I ate 20 tangerines in a week once and my current boyfriend said I tasted sweeter and better then usual. And a few years back I had a boyfriend who ate zucchini everyday and his semen tasted just like it, I almost puked. I've heard similar information like this from friends about breast milk varying in tastes

JohnTheDonJuan 11

How was the mother still producing breast milk 7 years after giving birth? Doesn't that stop a couple years after the birth unless she got pregnant again?

My husband thought it tasted like honeydew melons lol he loved it...

Not if she keeps pumping. There's even herbs and what not she can take to keep her supply up.

RecklessLove 18

Yeah, as long as she maintains a regular pumping schedule she can still produce milk for years. Also, my bf tried my breast milk and said it's really sweet and that it's good.

Breast milk is flavoured by what you eat, so yes it is different for everyone.

If you keep expressing milk or feeding, you can keep producing breast milk for a long time. Some women stop because they don't eat properly, feed often enough, etc. And you can still produce breast milk if you become pregnant while breast feeding, but the doctor will tell you to stop breastfeeding because the milk will contain pregnancy hormones.

You obviously have no idea how beneficial breast milk is for babies and children. The longer they get it, the better off they are.

MattStro 23

How did you find this out??

Hey...at least it's healthy...very unusual but healthy..

Yeah true. What with the growth hormones that are expressed in cow's milk.

It's only really healthy if the person that makes the milk is healthy. If they are using drugs/medications or alcohol, certain things transfer through the breast milk.

I wouldn't want something like this. FYL

mmmxr 11

I don't think any one does....unless it's a weird fetish or something.....

"all fetishes are weird except my fetish" Really I hate when people say a fetish is weird, just because you don't find something attractive doesn't make it weird.

"I like when strippers void their bowels all over my body" am I allowed to think that's weird?

You shouldn't be fetishizing your mom, Oedipus.

How is that a bad thing? I'm assuming you turned out fine. Obviously you liked it for seven years

Oh please. Breast milk is good for you. FYML for you not being appreciative of her efforts to provide you a great source of nutrients.

mmmxr 11

That's true plus it take forever to pump breast milk!

Actually they found that once you're around 2(not 100% sure if that's right) breast milk doesn't have any benefit to you that cow's milk doesn't.

breast milk only benefits you until a certain age. I'm all for breast feeding but obliviously OP was done with his moms milk but OPs mom wasnt ready to wean him. Which is a bit weird.

Bex628 20

Actually, it never loses nutritional value. It changes day to day, even feeding to feeding, to provide the nutrients a child needs. You know that new special toddler formula with extra DHA and ARA (or something like that), breast milk has all of that, and in the amounts that the toddler needs.

Breast milk has more nutrients than cows milk so even if you're 60, it's still benificial

RecklessLove 18

Humans aren't even supposed to consume cow milk. We're the only species that drinks another species milk.

I'm envisioning this one going with the other fml about shooting milk out her ******. Sorry for giving you all the same mental image now too

There is nothing wrong with breast milk, if she didn't actually get you to suck directly from her who cares

xluciferx666 21

Ahhh breakfast the breast....*ahem* I mean best meal of the day