By longing for emancipation - 30/04/2016 03:09 - United States - Mitchell

Today, my mom claimed that lactose intolerance is a "myth" and told me to drink my damn milk because it's good for my bones. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 743
You deserved it 1 320

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How can your mom not know this? Especially if she was the one that changed you diapers when you were a youngster and most likely given dairy.

joeyl2008 29

Peanut allergies are a myth too

Comments

TMO2142 25

my parents said they have never lied to me. that was a lie

Am lactose intolerant, I feel your pain

AspieGirl88 7

Thank goodness my sister doesn't share the same beliefs, or my 3 year old nephew would probably have ended up in a very serious condition! Our poor Jake is allergic to almost everything it seems; milk, eggs, wheat, nuts & a lot more (even certain types of food-colouring can cause him to break out in hives all over). I'm not allergic to anything edible myself, but I know what it's like to be very sick. You could always meet your mom halfway by finding something else that is rich in calcium (or other vitamins/minerals that help strengthen bones); something that you feel that you can tolerate happily. =o)

I should show this to my friend who has a problem with dairy... He'd love to meet your mom. ?

Milk being good for your bones, that's the myth here.

Drinkimg milk can actually cause bones to fracture more easily. It's not natural to drink another species' milk.