By Meaghan - 12/02/2013 17:41 - United States - North Myrtle Beach

Today, my maid of honor, who offered to take care of my wedding dress before the D-Day, left it near her open window during heavy rain. My dress is now ruined, and she's backed out due to stress. I'm supposed to be getting married tomorrow. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 212
You deserved it 3 745

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don't worry, my wife was sick on our wedding day. She was in the bathroom for more then half the reception. And it was still a great day.

perdix 29

D-Day is June 6, so you should have plenty of time to dry out the dress and get someone else to be you maid of honor.

Comments

I hate ppl who back away with the "stress" rather than finding a solution to the problem they created. Accidents happen but I'd have been racing round the internet as soon as I realised and ready to present to you all the available options when I told you, to at least limit the impact of my mess.

10- Your English is the only Public Enemy, here.

What!? If I made a ****-up like that I'd be doing everything in my power to sort it out, not backing out due to stress... I hope your wedding still goes well despite this. :(

Spoken like a true potential groomsman. Hell yeah.

Killing her would be justified. But bail can be expensive. Damn it. Any way to rent a dress ASAP?

The dress doesn't matter? Do none of you realize how expensive wedding dresses are? They can range from 200-10k+ pending on material, designer, style, etc. I'd be pretty pissed off if my maid of honor did that to me. So much that i'd expect her to pay for the ruined dress. Of course, I'm the type to plan for these types of situations. So I would probably have a less expensive and less fancy backup dress just in case.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that way. I watch "say yes to the dress" and all of them are so expensive and most are so gorgeous...I'd be insanely pissed off at her. This type of thing is why I'd never trust anybody other than myself with it.

I agree, wedding dresses are expensive, I would expect her to pay for the dress that she ruined! Not only was OPs friend extremely careless with the wedding dress (leaving it near a window at all would be a big no-no in my opinion, not to mention the fact that an open window even when it's not raining would have been a careless decision) but she didnt do anything to try to fix the situation. I think if a friend had made a mistake like this but then gone about trying to fix the situation and come up with a range of solutions (if strangers on FML can brainstorm some I'm sure a friend who knows the bride well enough to be MOH definitely could!) it would be forgivable. By backing out of this situation after she created it I wouldn't let her come to the wedding or talk to her for a long long time.

monnanon 13

200-10k? dont make me laugh why spend so much on a dress you will wear once except for vanities sake. my dress coat £90 the whole wedding was under 3000. people who spend 10k or more on one day on thier lives are in my opinion mental

i totally agree, my friend from work told me about how someone she knows set a budget of £50,000! we've budgeted £8000 for ours, and that's including everything. the marriage is much more important than the wedding

Hpixiee 23

Now you can shine in whatever the hell you want without judgement

I don't understand why the dress needs to be delivered. I would never give anyone that responsibility

And this is why you should NEVER trust anyone else but yourself with your dress. Ever. You should make that dumb bitch pay for every penny of it.

jem970 19

Im so sprry OP. I would just die. I know the marriage is important but you probably spent a lot of time and maybe a lot of money. The dress is important to a lot of people. That "friend" would have paid for the dress or be sleeping with the fishes...