By Meaghan - 12/02/2013 17:41 - United States - North Myrtle Beach

Today, my maid of honor, who offered to take care of my wedding dress before the D-Day, left it near her open window during heavy rain. My dress is now ruined, and she's backed out due to stress. I'm supposed to be getting married tomorrow. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 212
You deserved it 3 745

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don't worry, my wife was sick on our wedding day. She was in the bathroom for more then half the reception. And it was still a great day.

perdix 29

D-Day is June 6, so you should have plenty of time to dry out the dress and get someone else to be you maid of honor.

Comments

TheDrifter 23

If it's silk and shrunk splotchy as it dried just wet it down again and put it on. Hang tailor's weights around the hem and blow dry on low heat. If it's just stained, a gratuitous tip to your dry cleaner should have it ready for first thing in the morning.

Its not the dress that makes the wedding. Its your partner. Dont let it ruin you big day. Maybe that wasnt the dress you were suppose to wear. And bout your maid of honor...not so honorable.

It'd be the perfect time to go all Bridezilla.

It's a nice day for a white wedding. It's a nice day to start again.

Bumpa-dumpa-dumpa-bump... Insert sneer**

If any of you ever watched those "Say Yes to the Dress" shows etc... You might get the idea how extremely important the wedding dress is to the bride. I would die if any things like that happened to me. Yes, the marriage is what counts but all those envisions I've had growing up just to have a careless friend that I trusted ruin in for me!? Sorry, I feel the OP's pain.

If you really love each other then it will be great no matter what

asnakelovinbabe 16

Just walk down the aisle in your lingerie. Who cares about a silly dress! Maybe you could discuss what kind to wear with your fiancé's dad! Maybe he could wear some too!