You must conform

By Anonymous - 18/09/2022 13:00

Today, my bestie had me kicked out of her wedding the day of. All because I altered my bridesmaid's dress without telling her. She knows I hate fabric against my legs. FML
I agree, your life sucks 271
You deserved it 2 201

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should have either told her when she asked you or when you were getting the dress. You had no right to do this behind her back.

That’s all on you. You knew what she wanted, then you decided that you were going to alter what she picked out to fit your preferences, without telling her. I would have done the same thing

Comments

HokieJ 10

sounds like it would have been a real easy conversation with her

You should have either told her when she asked you or when you were getting the dress. You had no right to do this behind her back.

That’s all on you. You knew what she wanted, then you decided that you were going to alter what she picked out to fit your preferences, without telling her. I would have done the same thing

Bestie? you sure? you decided to modify your dress (almost an uniform if you are part of the bridal party) without telling her. If you had a REAL problem with it you should have told her, directly to her face, at the start. Now, only one will be in a different dress, catch all the attention, and nothing will match in the pictures. Yes it may seem silly, but you accepted to follow a few rules by going to the wedding. This is against the basic etiquette as a bridesmaid. The other main rule would be : do NOT wear white.

Don't accept the role of a bridesmaid if you can't wear the uniform.

If she knew and didn't make accommodations for you beforehand, it sounds like she didn't really want you there. Doesn't sound like a "bestie" to me. Nevertheless, you still should have asked first; if she said no and you really can't put up with the longer dress, you should have bowed out of being a bridesmaid. Who needs a "friend" such as her?

It would need to be a serious problem (psychological ou physical condition) for it to be something that the bride should really take into account. If it is, she should still have asked the bride to remember the problem. The simple fact that she did not, means that probably it was a minor discomfort. The bride has tons to think about with this wedding, you’re seriously entitled if you think she should remember, in this special situation, everything about you ! This is why they ask in a wedding about details like that beforehand (allergies, etc.) The bride will put up being hours in a uncomfortable dress/makeup /etc. It’s reasonable to think that a bridesmaid may have to make a few sacrifices. Most of the time you get a dress which doesn’t fit you really well (cut or color) but the dress is chosen for ALL the wedding party.

I'd be willing to allow adjustments for a bestie serving as one of the groomsmen (or even the best man) if they speak up and let me know in advance. Certainly not on the day of though.

char89 11

You do realise you’re not the bride right?

Kicking you out was an overreaction, but this is HER day, not yours. You should have been an adult and just worn what she wanted you to wear.