By Wow. Really? - 29/04/2013 18:07 - United States - Columbus

Today, my fiancée broke off our engagement. For some bizarre reason, she'd hidden a pair of expensive boots and her iPad underneath our ride-on mower. I turned the mower on and destroyed both without realizing it. According to her, the fault is all mine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 847
You deserved it 4 010

Same thing different taste

Top comments

aldwin_fml 7
Wizardo 33

Your fiancé is crazy, definitely dodged a massive bullet with this one... btw run or its gonna be you under that lawn mower next...

Comments

OP, I'm pretty sure that was some excuse to break up with you. Anyway, count your blessings because she seems to be A) a coward for not telling you directly and have the guts to tell you it was your fault, B) pretty unbalanced for coming with such a weird plan. Take heart, hope you meet someone else soon.

I have a theory as to why she did it. Not only as a reason to call it off, but she could try to use that as a way to get OP in trouble. Now, I don't know how it totally works, but if I am right then I would think she was creating a situation where she could force OP into buying her new boots and a new Ipad with OP's own money. Of course I'm no lawyer, and I haven't exactly looked into any laws or what not, but would there be a way for her to get OP in trouble for the destruction of such expensive items? If not then she is going to try and drag OP's name through the mud by accusing OP of purposely destroying said items out of spite. Or I am giving her way too much credit and turning her into a cunning, manipulative bitch when she's just a crazy idiot...but then as they say it is better to overestimate then underestimate...glad you got away from her OP.

She just went full retard, you shoulf never go full retard

Scenario - She hid them under the lawn mower after putting the boots on and taking pictures with the ipad to send to other dudes.

She was just looking for a reason to call it off it seems.

perdix 29

Just quietly accept the loss and move on with your life. You probably don't want to know the real reason she dumped you.

Who does that and why? Be happy you dodge that bullet since it seems she was looking for a reason to break off the engagement, crazy insane or not.

OP if she's too stupid to realize that a mower is not the best place to hide things consider yourself lucky you don't want her birthing your kids