Doomed

By SweptWolf - 06/06/2020 23:02

Today, my fiancée handed me her engagement ring back and told me she felt like she's pressuring me into marriage, so to make me feel better about it we’re no longer engaged. On top of this, I found out she’s started talking to her ex again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 053
You deserved it 170

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds like she was looking for a reason to break up with you. Also sounds like you dodged a bullet.

at least she's telling you now and not after the wedding? i'm sorry op that sucks.

Comments

at least she's telling you now and not after the wedding? i'm sorry op that sucks.

Sounds like she was looking for a reason to break up with you. Also sounds like you dodged a bullet.

Sorry to hear this op. You have two choices. Fight for her or give her up. It might be she is testing you.

tounces7 27

Anyone who "tests" their partner in a relationship...isn't worth being with.

I had a ex who would constantly do little tests. Like ask me which I prefer than hold it against me. People who don't treat others like adults aren't ready for adult relationships.

The important thing is: You got the ring back! That thing must have cost you tens and tens of dollars.

tounces7 27

Well the her ex can have the dishonest liar back then. She's not willing to be straight-up with you about her reasons, so clearly she'd be a shitty long term partner anyway.

That sucks man, but really good that you found this out now and not when you have to split 1/2 your stuff and pay alimony along with child support.

that REALLY sucks. on the bright side, better this happened now than afterwards

That was clearly an excuse, so she won't look bad. It is better that you know now than after the wedding. This is my opinion but I think she was cheating.