By Anonymous - 11/05/2009 03:28 - Canada

Today, my fiancé proposed to me at the movies. The movie stopped in the middle, and my fiancé stands up, takes out a microphone and announces to the entire theatre that he loves me. Right when he went on one knee, someone shouts, "Turn the movie back on!", and throws a cup of coke at my head. FML
I agree, your life sucks 81 528
You deserved it 16 208

Same thing different taste

Top comments

zee209 0

Well, it is kind of rude to interrupt the movie for other people. I know I would get made if the movie I pair for suddenly stopped in the middle so some guy I don't know could propose.

wake_junkie 0

Who would even think of interrupting a movie to propose? Dumbest idea ever. Plus getting down on one knee in a movie theater? Ewwwwwwww. Those floors are nasty.

Comments

thegoodlifeNOT 0
alex_vik 0

#122 - I'm just going to take these two quotes from you. "who are just upset because no girl would EVER marry them" "I'm fat, and ugly, and I hate myself and my life."

If it's a romantic movie it's not that bad. But I'd be pissed if you stopped in the middle of an action movie for that!

Bballflyer31 0

Your fiance most certainly deserved to get unceremoniously ejected from the movie theater and perhaps assaulted with beverages. It's not that those 3 minutes are particularly important to the audience; it's just the principle. Why is it that HE gets to stop the movie to say something but nobody else does? Because he's friends with (or has enough extra cash to pay) the projectionist? Something about it just seems unfair to all those people who didn't interrupt your movie watching experience.

coffeennicotine 0

I wouldn't even agree to marry a douche that did that.

IxamxStatic 0

Maybe she's a movie buff. I love movies and I think this is sweet and I would love it if it happened to me. That movie would always bring good memories. =) I think though that the manager or people selling tickets should have mentioned what was going to happen so people wouldn't have gotten so pissed about it.

Serves you guys right. Do not **** with people's entertainment, especially if they paid good money for it.

Your fiancee is pretty narcissistic if he thinks a whole theater full of strangers is going to be all charmed when the movie they paid a good chunk of cash to see is interrupted so they can watch him propose to his beloved. They didn't pay to watch you guys, though if you'd performed a few sex acts on him to show your appreciation, at least it would have given them a show.

Today, my fiance proposed to me at the movies. FML