By fuuuuuh - 20/07/2012 05:47 - United States - Santa Cruz

Today, my family of five and I decided to have homemade sushi. We did not prepare the fish correctly, and now we all have excruciating food poisoning. The worst part? We only have one bathroom. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 792
You deserved it 30 918

Same thing different taste

Top comments

SuperDerp 8

What a cool and original pun about food poisoning.... This has not been said on other food poisoning FMLs or anything....

Comments

i feel great negative vibe in you...take a deep breath...say Goos fra baah...and please life is precious don't be angry everytime... Ps Sarcasm alert for no brainers

Umm, never do this again... You can get nasty parasites (including roundworms, hookworms and tapeworms) from fish that hasn't been frozen at subzero temperatures and then rethawed. If you eat cooked fish, you have nothing to worry about, most parasites/worms are killed through the cooking process. According to U.S. Food and Drug Administration regulations, all fish meant to be served as sushi must be frozen for a specified period of time (usually a week) to kill lurking parasites. I hope that you did that...If not, time to visit the doctor and if you are feeling week over the next year, your B12 deficiency might be due to a 12 foot long tapeworm. Sorry about that! I too once ate raw tuna on sushi that someone caught on his boat, so I'm just as guilty of eating homemade raw sushi as OP is. Fortunately, that was 15 years ago and I'm still here. ;-)

Buy four other chamber pots. And bags or buckets for vomit.

Ya cuz while they are all puking they are supposed to go somewhere and buy puke buckets???? YDI

I deserved it? What the heck? And maybe a good family friend or other family member can bring one over. All that extra punctuation was not needed, either.

Didn't mean to type the ydi relax. Still it was a dumb suggestion

In your opinion, maybe. But a lot of other people have the same idea. So you're the odd one out, now. Majority rules. Case closed. *bangs gavel*

rcgirl2 11

I bet you guys are fighting over that bathroom like Peter and Lois did.

I can't believe you suggested that! It does make so much sense though. Brilliant yet vile thinking if it actually worked and if they could find someone to stitch them up between squirty bum bouts! Holy shit!! How am I even deconstructing the possibly of them doing that!!! ... Look at what you made me do!

I made homemade sushi once too! But I avoided that by using smoked salmon instead of raw fish. What did we learn?

pengin 13

That sounds horrible. :/ I would really hope preparing such a thing as (raw) sushi you would look into it thoroughly and make sure you are following the proper guidelines. As someone mentioned above, you should only use fish that has been previously frozen and of the highest possible grade, which isn't easy to come by, etc etc. Hopefully you all just have this food poisoning and nothing anymore serious, like parasites/ permanent digestive problems which can be possible. I'm sorry, but whoever had the idea should've thought about food safety etc first. :/

Sorry OP, but YDI. Sushi should be prepared by people who know how. I have read that many people have developed worms and other dangerous things in their stomachs by eating wrongly-prepared sushi. I hope that you and your family get better.

There's a reason sushi chefs dedicate their life to that...