By fuuuuuh - 20/07/2012 05:47 - United States - Santa Cruz

Today, my family of five and I decided to have homemade sushi. We did not prepare the fish correctly, and now we all have excruciating food poisoning. The worst part? We only have one bathroom. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 792
You deserved it 30 918

Same thing different taste

Top comments

SuperDerp 8

What a cool and original pun about food poisoning.... This has not been said on other food poisoning FMLs or anything....

Comments

I'm sure you weren't preparing blowfish. Next time wash your hands before you prep food, Señorita Assfingers...

Um, who says their hands weren't washed? Food poisoning can happen for various reasons which INCLUDES but is not limited to hand-washing.

Jewbenita 0

Theres no "preparation" in sushi fish. You rinse it quick then put it on rice or a roll etc. But next time leave it to the japanese to make sushi, go to a sushi place.

lizlala 15

Don't really understand how sushi can be prepared "wrong" seeing as it's basically raw fish on rice... I've made sushi with my Japanese friends several times without any problems, and we just bought normal raw fish at the supermarket (in europe/japan). Maybe OP's fish was old/gone bad? (or is there something strange going on with the supermarket fish in the US that I don't know of..?) Hope you feel better soon OP. Food poisoning sucks :(

What #111 said. There isn't much "preparing" the fish except for cutting it into right-sized pieces. If all of you are ill, it just means the fish you ate wasn't exactly "fresh", if you know what I mean.

There's a yard for a reason....just kidding

I'm not gonna say YDI. I'm sure the good poisoning is enough to say that and then some. I just hope you leave the sushi making to chefs and those who specialize in it from now on. The fish has to be flash frozen and prepared a certain way to kill any bacteria, parasites, etc. That's why it's really just best to leave it to the pros.

I've seen many ads for classes on it at one if the culinary schools. I think if I were to take up trying to prepare something I was unsure of at home, I'd take the class. The ones I see are night/hobby type classes do you don't have to dedicate a lot of time to them. But you do learn safety techniques.

Pancakes are waaaay easier. And healthier too.

Dude seriously? I read this exact same FML 2 years ago -.-'