By fuuuuuh - 20/07/2012 05:47 - United States - Santa Cruz

Today, my family of five and I decided to have homemade sushi. We did not prepare the fish correctly, and now we all have excruciating food poisoning. The worst part? We only have one bathroom. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 792
You deserved it 30 918

Same thing different taste

Top comments

SuperDerp 8

What a cool and original pun about food poisoning.... This has not been said on other food poisoning FMLs or anything....

Comments

liahbby 7

how do you not prepare sushi correctly? its fresh raw fish and white rice i think maybe you just bought a fish that was probably starting to rot

There's a reason sushi chefs study many years before being allowed to work in restaurants.

Unless you're an amazing cook, I would think it is unwise to make sushi at home... At least that's my thought.

A five-person family with only one bathroom? That doesn't make sense...But regardless, NEVER make sushi yourself unless you're an expert. It's very tricky and it's raw fish, and as you found out, it's easy to screw it up to where it makes you sick.

Rikki27 5

For all of you saying that you should leave the sushi making to those who are chefs in restaurants, this is extremely wrong! Sushi can be very easy if, as others sai previously, the fish is sushi grade. From there all you need is good rice, seaweed, and all the other little yummies!! Don't be discouraged OP!

The only reason I thought that it needs to be left to professionals is because of the risk of making it wrong; raw fish can lead to worms and other things if you dont know what you're doing. If it seriously is something that anyone can do, then I stand corrected. I'm no chef myself.

Bridesmaids references popped in my head

If you all prepared cuttlefish, you're screwed. Eating unproperly cooked cuttlefish would kill a person.