By Fought The Law - 29/10/2011 04:51 - United States

Today, my elderly neighbor called the police because my cat was in her yard. I now have a citation and a court date. Apparently, there is a leash law for cats in my town, and it is taken very seriously. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 183
You deserved it 6 166

Same thing different taste

Top comments

A leash law...for CATS? Where the hell do YOU live?

Comments

lizard399 0

Yeah.. I don't have this problem cause I don't let my cat go outside.

YDI for having a cat. I don't see DOGS getting anyone citations and court dates.

lizard399 0

Unless it bites someone? Don't you watch the news?

Sady_Ct 37

We own our property, our neighbour’s rent. She has two American bull dogs, massive things, I have two Kelpies. Her dogs were throwing them selves at a partially aged pet of the fence and ended up breaking it, to be able to get into my yard to attack my dogs. My pup ended up getting hurt when the fence moved, and needed stitches. I was lucky I was home to pull my two dogs out of my yard into my house where her two dogs then ran around my yard trying to attack through windows etc. I called council and those dogs got cited for damage to common property, and being loose, plus no animal registration and as being dangerous dogs. Those dogs didn’t actually bite anyone/thing but the damage to the fences and my yard they did TRYING to attack my animals landed them in court. Dogs get cited for being loose as well.

I agree people should take care for their pets, but this law is really absurd. Some cats will rip you apart if you try that.

Then they could, I dunno... LIVE INSIDE, being that they're called "HOUSE CATS", usually.

Wow. That seems odd to me. One of my cats we tried to leash and she was too small for it to work. At least your cat is safe. A neighbor took one of my cats without us knowing and dumped her at an animal shelter an hour away. Due to strong suspicions after hours of her missing my father drove around and finally found her. Her collar had been taken off too.

Screw cats, if I found someone's cat in my yard, I'd stab it.

chickenpie90 16

In Australia we have a law for cats and they have a curfew of 8pm and if there not in by then we get fined $350

Get the underground fence for cats it works just fine and no tickets or cat fights