By Fought The Law - 29/10/2011 04:51 - United States

Today, my elderly neighbor called the police because my cat was in her yard. I now have a citation and a court date. Apparently, there is a leash law for cats in my town, and it is taken very seriously. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 183
You deserved it 6 166

Same thing different taste

Top comments

A leash law...for CATS? Where the hell do YOU live?

Comments

Keeping a cat inside or leashed all the time is borderline abuse - a cat is not meant to be confined.

RKD 23

Probably just a fine and a slap on the wrist is all you will get. Don't worry-stupid law, though!

eliteninja12 1

Ah, yes. It's stupid that the law attempts to make you be responsible and care for your pets. I work at a vet's office, and it astounds me the vast amount of cats that come in with serious problems-- severe infections, getting hit by a car or attacked, getting caught in hunting traps, ect-- because their owners turn them out without a second thought. Then you have the cats who strut in on a leash, the prestine picture of feline health.

redhedsaysrawr 18

really? what part of Georgia are YOU in? because in my neighborhood everyone's cats just kind of roam around...

You so deserve it. It is beyond my understanding why cat owners have this magical thinking that everyone love to have free roaming cats piss and shit in their kids sandbox and destroy their garden. How would they react if their neighbor would let their dog poop all over their yard. Free roaming cats are also responsible for destroying rare or endangered species of rodents, birds and other small animals. And their owners call themselves animal lovers....

QueenBitch808 0

Make the world a better place & euthanize it

mimiminx 23

This is hilarious! I've never heard of putting a leash on a cat! If we did that in the UK we would be ridiculed for taking the cat for a walk! Sounds like another of America's weird oppressive laws. My cat basically lives outside and comes in for food. This is what cats are meant to do.

Kevin2869 2

have they ever tried putting a leash on a cat? its like satans spawn clawing and biting not to mention flopping around