By Fought The Law - 29/10/2011 04:51 - United States

Today, my elderly neighbor called the police because my cat was in her yard. I now have a citation and a court date. Apparently, there is a leash law for cats in my town, and it is taken very seriously. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 183
You deserved it 6 166

Same thing different taste

Top comments

A leash law...for CATS? Where the hell do YOU live?

Comments

Good. You deserve it. There are leash laws for dogs... I don't know why "cat people" think they're so special and can randomly let their cats run around the neighborhood, ******** on lawns. My dog is nicer than most cats, and he can walk without a leash and if I let him outside, he'd run around and come right back... But I have to have him on a leash. On the other hand, the cats in the neighborhood have attacked people and dogs going for walks, but there's no against them running around. Time for cat owners to be treated the same way. Pay your fine and stfu.

There's no leashing the wild pussy... ;-)

rreyes79 0

This is pretty standard. The leash law here in KS covers all predatory animals, not specific to dogs or cats.

p33lzhear 6

YDI for not keeping your cats inside and under control. you realize the average lifespan for an out door cat is only 5 years? they get in fights, attacked by wild animals, run over, pick up illnesses, or even killed by neighbors. why take the risk? And dont give me the bull about how hard they are to control. I've got three of them and they only get let out in my backyard under my direct supervision or on a leash. Leash training a cat isn't impossible and just takes some patience.

Cats should not be kept inside, they don't like it, and it's unhealthy for them. My cat is outside most of the time, even at night and he is 15 years old! Yes they get in fights - they have the same instincts as big cats, there's nothing you can do about that without being cruel to them. You can teach cats to be weary of cars, whenever my cat sees me drive home he will move out of the way, as do all my neighbour's cats. If they get ill, you take them to the vet - simple! And if they get killed by neighbours you call the police on the murderers. The way you treat your cats just seems like animal abuse to me; cats need fresh air and places to roam, also they won't want you following them about. My cat loves to lay in the sun for hours, your cats obviously don't get that pleasure. As for leads, it is an awful thing to do to keep any animal on one for too long, as they really don't like it and want the freedom - if you can't trust your pet to be off a lead then you need to train it better.

Sady_Ct 37

Unhealthy for them? I have a 2 year old rag doll, she’s far to dumb to be safely outside! She got out once and was like WTAF!?!?! I also have an 11 year old Moggy rescue and he used to claw screens apart and jump from two story windows to the ground to get out, now he is living with miss rag doll he doesn’t even care when the door is left open and if you take him outside he just wanders straight back in.

Obviously they never tried putting a leash on a cat before otherwise the law would definitely be changed XD

I don't care if you put your cat on a leash, but keep it in your house. My dog can be left with a 3 year old and be trusted, but if I let her roam the neighborhood I would be fined. And if your cat got into my yard my dog would chase and hurt the cat. Keep your cat in your own house so the neighbors who do t like it don't have to deal with it, and to keep your cat safe.

I have found that a pot of boiling water will discourage a neighbor's cat from ******** up your property ever again.

I couldnt leash my 21 year old cat (yes my cat lived past the life span of an outside cat). She loves being outside and that law is stupid. None of my cats have killed anything.