By Fought The Law - 29/10/2011 04:51 - United States

Today, my elderly neighbor called the police because my cat was in her yard. I now have a citation and a court date. Apparently, there is a leash law for cats in my town, and it is taken very seriously. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 183
You deserved it 6 166

Same thing different taste

Top comments

A leash law...for CATS? Where the hell do YOU live?

Comments

I have written citations for people letting their cats run at large. So places take it very serious.

Burn that f*cking old bastards house down or after you go to court wait and see how much money that old prick cost you and whatever amount they cost you, take it out on their lawn, car, house or whatever is of importance to them, especially if they're old! Use muriatic acid on the lawn, brake fluid in a squirt bottle for the paint on their car and nail polish remover for the paint on their house! I hate f*cking cotton-tops!

leadman1989 15

Your cat gets out fights with a racoon gets rabies and bites some kid. Or ge just gets run over... This law seems to make perfect sense.

Lubpynk 0

Wish we had that law here. I moved and the lady next door to me has a ton of cats. We step in cat poo everyday getting into the house, the smell of cat piss is horribly strong and the cats scratch up my car and piss on it !!! keep your cats under control or don't have one, simple as that!

lulzmylife 4

YDI for not taking responsibility for your cat. If you can't control your animals, you shouldn't have them. And your neighbors most CERTAINLY shouldn't have to put up with your animals' crap. /someone who found the neighbor's cat's pawprints on her car roof and windshield the other day

Oh GAWD! PAWPRINTS!! NOT PAWPRINTS!! God forbid you have to wash your car again!! /Someone who doesn't get why cars need to be sparkling clean 24/7

Lubpynk 0

pawprints lead to scratches. I have the same problem not to mention they are peeing on my car :/

They are peeing on your car because it's owner is irresponsible by not getting the cats desexed.

Lubpynk 0

I know :/ sad thing is there are tons of kittens.

Why should anybody have to wash their car again? That takes time or costs money (or both!), which should not be the responsibility of the owner of the car if the reason is that SOMEBODY ELSE IS RESPONSIBLE (namely here, the cat owner). Furthermore, I've seen animals climb on cars and scratch the paint job before. A squirrel just recently climbed on my car and left three little holes in my paint. My friend actually had a neighbor's cat scratch his paint before, too. The the cat's owner should (and would) be responsible, because if the cat wasn't left to run around the neighborhood, then it wouldn't happen. I can't very well sue the squirrels because nobody put them there or owns them, but if a cat had done it, I'd be suing the owner for sure. If you have a pet, take care of it... Cats don't belong OUTDOORS. If you let your cat run around outside, you're an asshole. First off, it's going to claw at people's property by scratching and/or climbing. Secondly, it's going to shit on laws. Thirdly, and most importantly, you're upsetting the balance of nature by introducing a new and non-native predator. Nature balances itself, eventually, after houses, etc, are built... But by adding another predator, you're just ******* it up some more.

That's why I'll never live in a city or a town like that, animals shouldn't live at the end of five feet leashes, and people are always gonna be uptight butts that report stupid things just to do it. Put up a fence of some kind. You can discipline kitty not to leap over it. Live and learn, your not a bad owner even if people are saying it just because of this one silly incident.

I keep my cat outside for the reason that it gives him exercise plus I've lost count how many mice he has caught. Before I got him I was waking up with dead mice in my lounge room since we got him we've had 2 inside because the doors had been left open so my cat brought them in.

KiddNYC1O 20

Wow, that doesn't mix like uhh cats and water!

No pussy wants to be on a leash. Free pussy!