By Fought The Law - 29/10/2011 04:51 - United States

Today, my elderly neighbor called the police because my cat was in her yard. I now have a citation and a court date. Apparently, there is a leash law for cats in my town, and it is taken very seriously. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 183
You deserved it 6 166

Same thing different taste

Top comments

A leash law...for CATS? Where the hell do YOU live?

Comments

Good. If I see cats roaming around I put traps out. if you want to come clean your cats shit out of my front planter then I'll take the traps back.

JinxosGirl87 0

Dogs shit in yards too. Make sure you trap them as well.

I clean up after more dog shit on my driveway than I do my cat's. My cat is both inside/outside cat. He roams no more than 2 houses either side of mine and the one behind me. He gets picked on by other cats. Cats only spray on people's cars if they're not desexed. That's why people should always desex their pets so there is no unwanted litters.

ikickgingers 15
ikickgingers 15

When I see strays I always get 'wherever I may roam' stuck in my head... Little bastards.

Don't be hating. Get naked, squat on your back fence and yowl! Good things will come to you, I promise.

SukiIzumi 8

Do people not realize how hard it is to control cats? Just trying to keep them somewhere when they don't want to be is nearly impossible. They're very independent animals that have a mind of their own.

capini 0

I agree with you. I've had cats all my life and if they want to be outside they will be outside. There is no making a cat stay inside. Truly are independent mammals.

Don't people realize that having a pet mean not being lazy as shit and training them properly?

Stcu up neighbors. good thing people where I used to live ain't as shitty as that - the cat I ahd back then used to even walk in their house when they had their door open just to spend some time with their cat! They didn't mind.

Okuhou 2

This is going to turn into another FML in a while complaining about how OP is upset because the neighbor's dog ate her cat. This crap his happening more and more because people don't want to take responsibility for themselves. Have an attachment to your cat? Don't let it wander through other people's yards. The city probably put that rule up there to help deal with idiots calling the cops because Fido ate a cat in his own yard and now the cat owner wants the 'vicious' dog put down.

Maybe you should try taking care of your animal and keeping it in your house or something

God forbid your neighbor doesn't want your pet crapping in their yard. Get rid of the cat if you aren't responsible enough to care for it properly.

SkardeyKat 3

I tried to take my cat out on a leash once. He almost clawed my eyes out and got so mad he ran up to another cat and violently attacked it. I wouldn't recommend putting a cat on a leash.

crystalou_fml 3

The fact that he violently attacked another cat is precisely why he should be on a leash.

You know, you can't just put a leash on it and expect it to like it. You have to TRAIN the cat, maybe even from being a small kitten. Jeez..

SkardeyKat 3

No he violently attacked another cat because he was pissed about the leash. And he WAS a kitten at the time I was trying to get him used to the leash because I wanted to be able to take him outside. Don't assume I'm a dumb ass just because I didn't want to say the whole friggin background and story.

I assume it because you tried it ONCE. You think it will approve of it immediately?

SkardeyKat 3

Oh my God of course I ******* thought of that. And the cat got used to the damn leash and would even run up to it and start rubbing on it when he wanted to go outside. But whenever I read this fml, I thought of the first time... That's all. Now **** off.

SkardeyKat 3

And yes I know I said once... But I was thinking of the first time and didn't want to get into this whole boring story. Jeebus!

O wow I would be in jail already if they had that were I live!