By Anonymous - 07/12/2012 04:49 - United States - Moorhead

Today, my daughter finally gave birth to twin boys. She informed me that she named them Peregrin Took and Meriadoc Brandybuck. My grandsons are named after Hobbits. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 270
You deserved it 6 286

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You can drink your fancy ales you can drink em by the flagon but the only brew for the brave and true... comes from the green dragon.

Comments

suitgirl5 5

Rather name my kid after a hobbit than after an idiot from Twilight.

As long as they do not have oversized hairy feet I would not worry too much.

I'm on my iPod touch and the ad at the bottom of the screen is for 'The Hobbit' bahahahah aha

vanessa09865 23

How is that an FML? That's ******* amazing! You should be proud! You need to culture yourself in the Lord of the Rings. I love LOTR! Now I'm gonna steal her idea and use names from LOTR or The Hobbit for my kids! How can you now be proud? They're amazing movies and her children are blessed to have such beautiful and important names.

What are you? 12? Can you imagine the impact of these stupid names on their personal and professional life? I am a huge fan of Harry Potter but I'm not gonna name my kids Nymphadora or Severus...

That's how we roll in the Shire - Leonard, Big Bang Theory.

i think those are beautiful names, and so does your daughter apparently. So why FML? you should be happy for her!

Hey at least they weren't named after the Proudfeet. Or Smeagol or Deagol. They could have been named Bilbo or Frodo. Meriadoc and Perigrin have other nicknames. I just hope the boys are huge trouble makers who grow up to have a love of ale, long leaf tobacco, and fireworks

yusaku02 20
Lionesse 15

At least she didn't get a name off of a peanut butter commercial like my Dad did. He named my brother Skippy after that one PB commercial with the skateboard. I actually think my brother would of preferred being called a name from the Hobbits than the Peanut Butter commercial.