By Anonymous - 07/12/2012 04:49 - United States - Moorhead

Today, my daughter finally gave birth to twin boys. She informed me that she named them Peregrin Took and Meriadoc Brandybuck. My grandsons are named after Hobbits. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 270
You deserved it 6 286

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You can drink your fancy ales you can drink em by the flagon but the only brew for the brave and true... comes from the green dragon.

Comments

I don't think you should be ashamed. Their names are actually nice and have a nice middle age sound to them.

aclumsypolarbear 2

I'll admit, the names themselves are awesome. However, I do believe that she would give her children such ridiculous names, no matter the epicness, is somewhat unnecessary.

Do you feel like you failed as a parent?

Could be worse. They could be Edward and Jacob. At least your daughter has good taste in literature.

These kids are going to get made fun of so much

They'll be totally fine by the time they hit high school. And moreover, they aren't necessarily going to go by Merry and Pippin. They could easily be Doc and Perry, and those names are a lot less likely to give them grief in grade school.

I was named samantha and called samanda and samanturd so unusual names mean nothing

When they reach their terrible twos your wife may find it difficult to dress her bad hobbits.

Merry and Pippin are awesome! You should be proud!

You people make it sound like they can't change their names in the future. They have that option. I'm sorry but I love lotr.

By the time they can legally change their names, they'll have gone through the years where children are at their most vicious to anything that is deemed "weird" or "funny sounding". If you love LOTR, forcing your obsession on your children in such an obnoxious way is an excellent way to make them absolutely hate the series. Anyone who thinks children don't get bullied for having overly eccentric names has either never experienced bullying themselves, or is ridiculously naive.