By Anonymous - 07/12/2012 04:49 - United States - Moorhead

Today, my daughter finally gave birth to twin boys. She informed me that she named them Peregrin Took and Meriadoc Brandybuck. My grandsons are named after Hobbits. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 270
You deserved it 6 286

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You can drink your fancy ales you can drink em by the flagon but the only brew for the brave and true... comes from the green dragon.

Comments

RecklessJellyBea 7

Name your kids after yourself, you're a horrible horrible person. Name your kids after hobbits from a movie franchise you like, you're amazing. FML patrons are ridiculously biased.

The funny part is, if the kids were named Edward and Jacob, the FML patrons would probably be screaming child abuse and be demanding the mother's blood. Personally, I think it's a bit pathetic when parents force their obsessions onto their children so aggressively. I'm not going to dress my toddlers up as Link and Zelda, or make them wear romper suits with triforce motifs. When they're old enough, I'll just leave the games around where the children are likely to stumble upon them. If you want to share something you're a fan of with your children, there are ways to do it without being an obnoxious twat.

perdix 29

Looks like the child abuse is starting right out of the gate. If there's anything a kid wants, it would be being very different from all the other kids. They love to stand out from the crowd with things like clever names and fancy dress. Send the boys to school wearing bow ties and Capri pants, and watch their popularity soar!

That sounds funny in a way but actually opens them up to a tremendous amount of bullying.

PsychoBitch666 8

Don't worry, my future children will be named after evil.

SammyMarieX 10

She could've named one of them "Hashtag".

Xxlaurahatakexx 9

Fairly sure that'd be grounds for a child abuse claim...

StephenStills 6

I'm sorry to say your grandsons will be beaten to death in the school yard...