By Anonymous - 07/12/2012 04:49 - United States - Moorhead

Today, my daughter finally gave birth to twin boys. She informed me that she named them Peregrin Took and Meriadoc Brandybuck. My grandsons are named after Hobbits. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 270
You deserved it 6 286

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You can drink your fancy ales you can drink em by the flagon but the only brew for the brave and true... comes from the green dragon.

Comments

At least it's famous hobbits. Could've been named after one of the more obscure ones. Though Idk which would he better.

MEM0817 18

Thank god it's supposably the "end of the world" coming soon... So they won't have to deal with those names too much longer.

afairshake 8

Well prepare them early for the ridicule and beatings they'll get in school wow

You should keep them away from fireworks at big parties!

Little guys. BIG names to live up to.

krisanda 5

Setting them up for failure right from the start huh? They will eventually be adults. What professional grown man wants that kind of idiot ass name? They won't be taken seriously ever and I pity them for that.

AphyTheBronette 15

We're not in the 50's, society today is very relaxed about names, and honestly I have an unusual name and I've held a job all my life. Plus no one has ever picked on me about my name. And I grew up in Cali and I just moved to MN. O.o no one has said a damn thing so I feel your either a worry wart or just being a negative Nancy.

Do you know who aren't relaxed about names? Small children and teenagers. Do you know who are often absolutely vicious to children with names that are deemed "funny"? Small children and teenagers. Do you know what the two grandsons are going to be spending most of their most emotionally vunerable years around? Small children and teenagers. If you love LOTR so much, change your name to Aragorn or Arwen, don't force it on your children. I'd much rather be a "negative Nancy" then one of those loopy, lah de dah, "eccentric" hipster parents who have no idea why little Sephiroth or Honeyblossom or Superman constantly comes home from school in tears.