Weird reason

By Anonymous - 01/01/2016 10:33 - United States - Antioch

Today, my girlfriend furiously bitched me out because I got more upset about my phone screen cracking than when she told me about the death of her cat. We hadn't even met when her cat died. Did she expect me to burst into tears from hearing the story? Guess who's single again… FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 137
You deserved it 3 450

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lexiieeex3 32

If the cat meant a lot to her you should probably be sympathetic, it's hard losing a pet. But at the same time she also shouldn't have overreacted and broken up with you over not sobbing over a deceased animal that was never relevant to your relationship to begin with.

townailz 16

You're better off, you don't need that much drama in your life. Still sorry op/:

Comments

townailz 16

You're better off, you don't need that much drama in your life. Still sorry op/:

Psyqiik 18

U have to lie to make a relationship work he needs to learn that

YourOpinionSucks 22

lmao, do you learn about relationships from That 70's Show? He's better off without the crazy girl.

Mr. Jingles?????? Noooooooooooo!!!!! (Cue rainstorm and thunder)

Well you could have at least pretended to care.

You dodged a bullet there. Full Drama queen there.

Gotta love attention ****** like that...

lexiieeex3 32

If the cat meant a lot to her you should probably be sympathetic, it's hard losing a pet. But at the same time she also shouldn't have overreacted and broken up with you over not sobbing over a deceased animal that was never relevant to your relationship to begin with.

I'm quite sure OP was sympathetic, he just didn't sob. Sorry OP, but your ex sounds a little ridiculous. :/

saffy66 34

You could try apologising and explaining that you really do feel for her in her pain. That's if you weren't all dismissive of it in the first place. Good luck with mending fences in that case. Or, you can breathe a sigh of relief that you got out of that one lightly. It really seems like an overreaction to break up with you over that. Unless you're both very young, in which case it's perfectly natural.

I don't know how young you must think they might be, because I know for a fact that I, being a 14 year old myself, would never react like that. I feel that she simply didn't want to be in the relationship with him anymore and that he is better off without her. Regardless, I don't know them personally so I can't really know the situation nonetheless.

Sounds like you are better off... There is empathy, and then there is whatever it is she expected from you.

It says he was more upset not that he cried about it.