By Anonymous - 07/12/2012 04:49 - United States - Moorhead

Today, my daughter finally gave birth to twin boys. She informed me that she named them Peregrin Took and Meriadoc Brandybuck. My grandsons are named after Hobbits. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 272
You deserved it 6 286

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You can drink your fancy ales you can drink em by the flagon but the only brew for the brave and true... comes from the green dragon.

Comments

At least it wasn't Harry Balls or Stiffy Glasscock lol

leahmae88 7

I officially love your daughter!!!

jim_bolicious 4

that's nothing, if I have a son I wanna name him Geddy Lee(best rock bassist and vocalist of all time), if I have male triplets I'm naming them Alex, Geddy, and Neil

Why do parents think naming their children after their favourite fictional characters is a good idea? It sounds like an excellent way to make your children absolutely despise whatever it is you're a fan of.

I love how all the comments pointing out the grandsons are probably going to get bullied because of their names are getting massively downvoted. Sorry fanboys, your downvotes aren't going to change the behaviour of small children.

And unusual names are becoming much more common these days, so they might not get bullied at all.

I have a pretty normal/semi unusual name, that happens to be the same name as a famous cartoon character. Years and years of teasing/bullying about it as a child, and I still get the characters catchphrases recited to me by people who think this is the most original and witty thing ever for some reason. Basically, if children want to bully you, they will do so, but parents really shouldn't make it easy for them to do so, by giving names that are more appropriate for a pet then a human child.

laurapiggy 3

That is the dumbest assed thing I have ever heard/read in my life!! FLWL!!!

I hope those kids like the quote: "They're taking the Hobbits to Isengard", because they are probably going to hear it several times a day for the rest of their lives.

The kids may get bullied at school, but this is actually the best thing I've heard in a while :D I really hope OP's daughter wasn't joking.