By Saphira - 11/11/2009 06:43 - United States

Today, my dad's girlfriend threw me a birthday party and all the gifts, decorations, and the cake were according to my age, which they thought was 12. I turned 13 today. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 252
You deserved it 8 066

Same thing different taste

Top comments

IllegalLight 0

If your dad's girlfriend is like 35 or whatever.. get her a 40 year old balloon on her next birthday :P She won't be happy either.

Kylias 6

Aww, that sucks. Congrats and happy birthday! And congratulations on being 13 and typing more coherently than most of the older crowd.

Comments

If they tried to do something good and it's the though that counts, they should at least know what she's turning. I mean, if they don't even know your age they probably don't give a crap

piano993 0

I have to agree with others, this site is not for annoying tweens and 13 year olds. Go to high school, and then come back. And I don't really think it's that big of a deal that they messed it up. You could have just laughed it off. BTW, turning 13 is not really that amazing. GREAT, now you can see the movies that you were seeing at 12 anyways, right? You're still immature, as that's why you posted this as a **** my life. I'm 16, btw.

Why does your age matter? Your still a bitch :D

Your all a bunch of faggotfuckretards for havin this big arrogant opinion on age, im 14, and i think if a 6 year old that warrants the respect that one would normally grant to a 20yearold, they deserve the respect, dont generalise sheep

"faggotfuckretard" Yeah, way to prove everyone's point.

One, I'm a girl. Two, saying that it shouldn't make a difference because it's just one year is COMPLETELY wrong for the following reasons. It's the beginning of my teen years and I already had my bat mitzvah (LAST YEAR). Also, would it be okay if your dad thought you sixteenth birthday was your fifteenth?? DIDN'T THINK SO.

bobinoguaviare 0

That really sucks babe. Im sorry. You should throw your dads girlfriend a party and make everything according an age like 5 years older than what she is actually turning on her next B-day.

**** you its only a birthday would it really even matter, also the presents would be about the same so who cares.

um sweatheart ur making too big of a deal maybe she forgot or something? but atleast she threw a party be thankful. oh and p.s... ur 13 and u think ur life sucks? yeah ok

I don't even remember my 13th birthday, which was 13 years ago. You'll get over it, child

This makes me really sad. Not the actual topic, but the fact that kids under 15 are on this site. Personally, when I was the OP's age, my mother screened what I did on the internet. Hell, i didn't even know what most swear words meant. It's pathetic that parents are so lazy now that they don't care about what their kids are doing. I've heard of sixth graders who have taken ecstasy and had sex before they even turned 13. It's just sick how active kids are in the adult world. Advice: maybe you should spend more time OFF the internet and WITH your parents/step parents so that they can actually get to know you and find out how old you even are.

I read this comment as: "I live in a terrible part of town and I was sheltered as a little kid and now I think everyone should grow up like I do!"

Oh Grow up I was in this site when I was thirteen, Are you calling my mum pathetic? And do you see a sign anywhere that says 15 or older? Just because your 13 or 12 or whatever age group you guys are whining about doesn't make you any different it doesn't matter if you're eighteen or eight you're still gonna have problems sorry to burst you bubble sweetheart. The only reason kids are so active in the adult world is because of idiots like you looking down on them and picking on them, complaining like a bunch of brats. And to your helpful 'Advise" I can't think of one Teenager, 12-19, who likes spending time with their parents. Now please why don't you and anyone else who feels the need to complain about 13 year olds get of the Internet and go get an education.