By Anonymous - 15/06/2009 19:39 - United States

Today, my dad decided to clean out my car and "accidentally" threw away my $520 tax refund check. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 185
You deserved it 6 822

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If he kept it I doubt he'd be able to cash it if it has your name on it. If he really did "accidentally" throw it away I'd be "accidentally" making his ass dig through the trash and find it.

Comments

PRNRN 0

What's the big deal about loosing $520? So not an FML!

Can't you call the tax officials or something and let them know? I know when my mom accidentally lost one of my government cheques, I called them and they sent me a paper signing to say I hadn't cashed it, and I got a new one. Took awhile, but I got it. Nice of your dad to clean your car for you though. =)

I have not read all of the comments, so I don't know if anyone has said this or not but you CAN contact the IRS and they can send you a new check. Good lucks

ohJeeznotme 7

I have to agree with #11. The check obviously wasn't that important to you if it was just sitting around in your shit filled car waiting to be cashed. Most people cash checks when they get them and don't give them the chance to disappear. Clean your own damn car you slob!

Allybudda 0

This is definitely an FML. What is this guy's dad doing randomly cleaning out his son's car? My dad would never do that - he knows better than to go through my stuff like that without asking me first, and I feel like that would apply to most parents. The car is his personal space, and if the check is there, his dad shouldn't be going through it and tossing it out.

daria8688 0

Your dad owes you the amount of that check!!!

ima_krackerr 0

#22 - just because it says "today" (all FMLs are required to have that at the beginning) doesn't mean it happened TODAY!

Thats sooo bad! They always "accidentaly" throw important stuff away. And yet if we do it accidentaly, its the end of the world!!