By Anonymous - 15/06/2009 19:39 - United States

Today, my dad decided to clean out my car and "accidentally" threw away my $520 tax refund check. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 185
You deserved it 6 822

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If he kept it I doubt he'd be able to cash it if it has your name on it. If he really did "accidentally" throw it away I'd be "accidentally" making his ass dig through the trash and find it.

Comments

I like how accidentally is in quotes like he threw it out just to be a dick. Something similar just happened to my uncle. You need to contact an accountant who can guide you through the process, but you can have that check voided and a new one sent.

birds_fml 7

I'm pretty sure you can call up the IRS, explain what happened, and they can cancel out the old check and send you a new one. Seriously.

geeztommy 0

#5 YOUR AWARD IS IN THE MAIL!!!!!! btw, FML for sure

Your dad signed that bad boy and cashed it to cover some of the rent you don't pay him.

I am with the people saying that YDI for having your Dad clean out your car for you. If it was in the entry way or somewhere in the house that anyone could see and he accidently threw it out, then FYL, but if was in YOUR car that only you use and he was cleaning it, then YDI.

If u r old enough to be getting a $520 check I'm pretty sure u should b old enough to clean ur own car.

lil_miz_liz09 0

why did you wait so long to cash it? apparently money has NO value at all to you.

well i clicked "your life is F*****" but... you really should have put it somewhere safe, like in a bank... not jsut stuff it in the car and leave it there

maby you should put checks in a wallet so there not just laying around. you wouldn't just leave $50 laying around