By Anonymous - 15/06/2009 19:39 - United States

Today, my dad decided to clean out my car and "accidentally" threw away my $520 tax refund check. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 185
You deserved it 6 822

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If he kept it I doubt he'd be able to cash it if it has your name on it. If he really did "accidentally" throw it away I'd be "accidentally" making his ass dig through the trash and find it.

Comments

It's June...you're telling me by now you haven't cashed that thing? I did my taxes right before the deadline and it didn't take long to get. OH and almost everyone else has started doing direct deposit. I'm calling fake on this one.

Purane2forever 0

just ***** yourself out to 5 fat chix for $100 each and hope 1 gives you a $20 tip; or 2 really fat chix for $260 each. WHAT??? fat chix need luv too... but they gota pay for it. giggity giggity

I love it how most of the people who are complaining about their parents "CASHIN' DER CHECKS!" probably don't have to pay rent, and at best have some shitty job making minimum wage after high school is done. If the check was important to you in any meaningful way, you would've had it for a good 3 months now. It obviously wasn't that important, YDI.

Are you suggesting he stole your money? Or did you think he threw away $520 "on purpose?" I'm just curious about the "quotes." I like #24's response.

Wow, people trying to call fake on it just because the OP might have opted not to get direct deposit? I haven't bothered to do direct deposit on mine either, and my check only came in like three days ago. I haven't cashed mine either because I haven't had a chance to go to the bank. FYL, OP. Hopefully you can call up revenue services and get the check replaced.

brrrx 0

LOL at 22! I said YDI for putting "accidentally" in quotation marks. If it's got your name on it, he can't use it...and what does he gain by throwing it out?

#17 is right. I'm sure refund checks get lost, stolen or damaged all the time. Just have them cancel the check and issue a new one.

Eusomorte 0

You can still get your money, but you must sign an affidavit stating you lost the check, bla, bla bla... and it will take a long time. 1. Why do you not clean your own car like a responsible person instead of letting someone else do it for you? 2. Why the hell did you keep the check in your car, in a place where it could be confused with trash? 3. If you have money to throw away, let me send you some self addressed stamped envelopes and you can send it to me instead. I'll put it to good use and I won't lose it.

I put YDI for being so careless with a check for $520. Firstly, not the kind of thing to leave laying in the car. Secondly, you've obviously had it for a while, why didn't you deposit it into the bank? If you would be a responsible person this wouldn't have happened, don't need to blame your father for this.